SAN DIEGO, Oct. 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB) today announced that its Cubic Global Defense (CGD) and Cubic Mission Solutions (CMS) business divisions will demonstrate industry-leading training and simulation capabilities as well as data link solutions for the maritime environment at Pacific International Maritime Exposition 2017 in Sydney, Australia from October 3–5. Pacific 2017 is a global event, bringing together decision makers in the naval and maritime industries.
"We look forward to the opportunity to demonstrate how our capabilities can integrate and enable operational success for our customers across a range of maritime applications," said Miles Macdonald, general manager of Cubic Defence Australia. "Additionally, we are pleased to be supporting the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) at the Navy Synthetic Warfighting Centre, where we are providing high-end simulation support services and integration for collective training."
Cubic will showcase the following solutions at booth #4K6 on the exhibit hall floor at the International Convention Centre:
- Immersive Virtual Shipboard Environment (IVSE): Cubic's IVSE is a game-based learning technology that supports the U.S. Navy's Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) program by immersing trainees in a cutting-edge, 3-D virtual environment, teaching tasks in settings virtually identical to real-life, shipboard scenarios.
- Cubic has the largest security cleared simulation and training workforce in the Australian defense industry and is leveraging the U.S. Navy's LCS program to deliver an Australian virtual ship training system.
- Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (ACMI): Cubic's fifth generation ACMI integrates into a live, virtual and constructive environment with our Synthetic Wrap capability. This offers constructive blended training scenarios and a Synthetic Joint Fires Wrap for collective training that has application to the maritime environment.
- Cubic's ACMI is used by the Royal Australian Air Force and the P5 ACMI is a sub-system to the Joint Strike Fighter.
- SHARKLINK: SHARKLINK is a high-performance surface data terminal that supports secure, long range high data rate communications with airborne and shipboard platforms, equipped with the communication data link (CDL) waveform. SHARKLINK's real-time imagery, full-motion video, audio, and sensor data are instantly available to provide ships with the detailed information they need for operations ranging from humanitarian relief to surface combat.
- Cubic's newest CDL solution is suitable for the Royal Australian Navy's Future Frigate program.
- EXONAUT: An end-to-end solution, EXONAUT enables qualitative and quantitative training objective assessments and is easily integrated with simulation federations to draw data to a common truth source.
- Cubic is the distributor for this training readiness management system which is used by the Australian Army and coalition nations to plan, conduct, assess, integrate and evaluate collective training events.
Follow Cubic Global Defense @CubicDefense and Cubic Mission Solutions @Cubic_MS, to join the conversation on Twitter use the hashtag #Pacific2017.
About Cubic Corporation
Cubic Corporation designs, integrates and operates systems, products and services focused in the transportation, defense training and secure communications markets. Cubic Transportation Systems is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services to create intelligent travel solutions for transportation authorities and operators. Cubic Global Defense is a leading provider of live, virtual, constructive and game-based training solutions, special operations and intelligence for the U.S. and allied forces. Cubic Mission Solutions provides networked Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for defense, intelligence, security and commercial missions. For more information about Cubic, please visit the company's website at www.cubic.com or on Twitter @CubicCorp.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cubic-to-showcase-innovative-training-simulation-and-data-link-capabilities-at-pacific-2017-300529543.html
SOURCE Cubic Corporation