FRAMINGHAM, Mass., July 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of National Ice Cream day on Sunday, July 17th, leading convenience, gasoline, and coffee retailer Cumberland Farms announced the results of a recent survey issued to consumers asking their personal preferences when it comes to a favorite summertime treat - ice cream. Cumberland Farms' National Ice Cream Day survey revealed the following:
- Ice cream lovers don't let freezing winter temps stop them. 95% of respondents say they indulge in the treat all year long - no matter what the season is.
- In summertime, 46% of respondents say they eat the sweet treat 2-3 times per week, and 11% say they reach for it every day.
- When it comes to the time of day, 79% of respondents agree that the prime time to eat ice cream is during the evening between 5-11pm.
- Peanut butter cup topped the list of flavors with 18% of respondents declaring it their favorite, followed by cookie dough then fruity flavors like strawberry.
- 27% of respondents ranked chocolate syrup as their favorite topping, followed closely by whipped cream at 20%.
- Ice cream lovers also prefer a proper vessel. Nearly 60% of respondents eat ice cream out of a dish or cone vs. just digging in straight from the carton.
In addition to cartons of its Ultimate ScoopTM and Farmhouse Creamery ice creams, Cumberland Farms is also introducing a brand new line of ice cream sandwiches in time for a National Ice Cream Day treat. Now available at all retail locations for just $2.49, the Cumberland Farms FarmhouseTM Premium Ice Cream Sandwiches come in four decadent flavors like Blissful Chocolate Brownie – rich and creamy vanilla ice cream, sandwiched between indulgent chewy chocolate brownies - and Rapturous Black Raspberry Chocolate with black raspberry ice cream sandwiched between chocolate-chocolate chip cookies.
"My grandparents started this business as a dairy farm, so it's only fitting that our ice cream has been a longtime customer favorite, and we're always striving to add more delicious flavors and varieties at a great value," said Ari Haseotes, CEO of Cumberland Farms. "If you haven't tried our ice cream yet – or want to treat yourself to one of our new Farmhouse Premium Ice Cream Sandwiches, National Ice Cream Day on Sunday is the perfect day to stop by your local Cumberland Farms."
For an extra value, from now through September 6th, any customer who purchases a 20oz Pepsi or Mountain Dew beverage will get a free FarmhouseTM Premium Ice Cream Sandwich of their choice.
For more information on Cumberland Farms location near you, please visit https://www.cumberlandfarms.com/stores or follow Cumberland Farms on Twitter @CumberlandFarms.
About Cumberland Farms
Cumberland Farms makes life easier for busy people every day. What started in 1939 with a cow and a dream has grown into a network of convenience stores across 8 states. Three generations later, Cumberland Farms is still family owned and operated, and continues to reflect the values it was built upon: envisioning a better way to serve customers by providing the best possible products at the best possible prices. Whether you're buying a cold Chill Zone drink, a hot or iced cup of Farmhouse Blend Coffee, or filling the gas tank, convenience and customer service is key. Cumberland Farms also has a long heritage of giving back to the communities where it operates, from feeding the hungry, to supporting local sports teams and fundraising. For more information, please visit us at http://www.cumberlandfarms.com or follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/cumberlandfarms.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cumberland-farms-national-ice-cream-day-survey-shows-consumers-indulge-in-ice-cream-all-year-long---and-prefer-a-proper-bowl-vs-digging-into-the-carton-300295918.html
SOURCE Cumberland Farms