WOONSOCKET, R.I., Sept. 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), announced the grand opening of a new flagship location in New York City. The new store at 1440 Broadway on the northeast corner of 40th Street in Times Square is the latest location to feature CVS Pharmacy's new store format, announced earlier this year, designed with a deeper, expanded health and beauty focus across the aisles.
"We're excited to bring our enhanced customer experience to Times Square, one of the world's most vibrant and visited neighborhoods," said Judy Sansone, Senior Vice President, Front Store Business and Chief Merchant. "This store features the newest experiences CVS Pharmacy has to offer in health, wellness and beauty."
Spanning two floors and measuring more than 13,000 square feet, the new location features "Discovery Zones" which allow customers to shop an assortment of new products across several themes: Healthy Eating on-the-go, Advanced Skin Care, Sleep and Mood, Connected Health and more. To reflect the consumer-shift from acute sick-care to proactive self-care, the Times Square location has an extensive assortment of more than 3,400 additional new products in health, beauty and better-for-you foods.
Among the new features, the new Times Square CVS Pharmacy location will include:
- Personalization at Pharmacy: With personalized programs, a dedicated network of pharmacists available to address patient questions and innovative digital tools and services, CVS Pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health.
- Digital tools like the CVS Pharmacy mobile app help customers adhere to their medications by notifying them when a prescription is ready for pick-up and alerting them when it's time to take their medication. With a nationwide network of over 9,700 locations, patients local to New York City or visiting from all over can gain access to their prescriptions, get a vaccine, including a flu shot, or seek professional counsel from a local pharmacist 7 days a week with no appointment needed.
- Expanded Health Services: In addition to the new personalized pharmacy offerings, customers will have access to expanded health services that include a walk-in MinuteClinic and Optical Center to ensure convenient access to quality health care.
- Staffed by nurse practitioners who specialize in family health care, the walk-in MinuteClinic will provide a wide array of prevention and wellness services that are high-quality and affordable for patients ages 18 months and up.
- The new Optical Center uses the latest technologies to precisely and thoroughly support vision and eye health and will be staffed by Doctors of Optometry who can provide comprehensive eye exams, diagnosis and treatment of eye disease, and offer contact lens fittings and prescriptions.
- Elevated Beauty: With the latest innovations from both popular and new, unexpected beauty brands, CVS Pharmacy continues to expand its assortment of "on-trend" and differentiated products, as well as an assortment of items that offer greater skin health benefits and more natural ingredients. CVS Pharmacy recently removed all sun care products with SPF lower than 15 from its shelves while expanding products with SPF 30/broad spectrum, natural beauty brands and products focused on skin health. By the end of 2019, all parabens, phthalates and formaldehyde donors in products within the CVS Health, Beauty 360, Essence of Beauty, Promise Organic and Blade store brand product lines will be removed. To help improve customer exploration and inspiration, the Trend Wall features new launches and niche brands, and the Beauty on the Go fixtures highlight on-the-go options at checkout.
- A pop-up new to CVS Pharmacy and exclusive to the new Times Square location – as well as to the recently re-vamped Columbus Circle location – the new K-Beauty Shop-in-Shop will feature nearly 500 innovative and eye-catching Korean beauty products across healthy skincare and playful beauty including cosmetics, masks and hand, body and lip care. Based on the successful launch earlier this year of the K-Beauty HQ at 2,100 CVS Pharmacy locations nationwide, which brought the K-Beauty trend to more stores than any other retailer in the world, the extensive K-Beauty collection is curated in partnership with Korean beauty expert Alicia Yoon of Peach & Lily and will additionally be rolling out more than 60 new products nationwide.
- From Sick Care to Self Care: In the OTC aisles, CVS Pharmacy is "moving from sick-care to self-care" by focusing on key areas of customers' lives, like active nutrition, immunity, connected health and sleep, offering holistic solutions and easy navigation through educational signs and displays. A broader selection of vitamins and supplements, including specialty brands like Irwin Naturals and New Chapter, as well as expanded nutrition products like Vega and Naturade protein powders and Navitas Organics Superfood Mix Ins, are also growing the health assortment.
- To ensure the quality of its product offerings, CVS Pharmacy is developing new standards for vitamins and supplements, with the goal of full implementation by 2019, which will require third-party testing of ingredient listings and product testing for certain ingredients of concern.
- Better For You Food: Throughout the year, CVS Pharmacy launches and features different healthy eating Trend Zone displays that showcase a carefully curated selection of national and niche better-for-you brands that make healthier eating on-the-go convenient and affordable. Past Trend Zones include paleo, raw, vegan, and "snacks that give back" featuring popular products customers might expect to find only at a specialty food store such as EPIC bars, Larabar Bites, Justin's and more. Healthier food choices make up approximately 50 percent of all food options found throughout the store—including popular brands like Alo Exposed Waters, EPIC bison bars and That's It. bars.
- CVS Pharmacy is also the first national retailer, outside of natural food stores, to stop carrying foods containing partially hydrogenated oils (PHO), the primary source of artificial trans fats in processed foods, in both its store brand food products and all national brand food products. Any foods shipping to CVS Pharmacy distribution centers are now free from artificial trans fats. This announcement comes one year ahead of the Food and Drug Administration's June 2018 deadline for processed foods to be reformulated without artificial trans fats.
- Extras for Easy Shopping and Rewards: In addition to the in-store changes, the mobile experience and ExtraCare Rewards program continue to evolve, offering more ways for customers to order products online and pick them up with CVS Curbside, pay seamlessly via CVS Pay in the app, and even manage their ExtraBucks Rewards, personalized deals, and use manufacturer coupons, all from their phone. With more than 80 million active members in the country, CVS Pharmacy continues to bring ExtraCare members new updates and personalized features like special offers and coupons, and easy paper-free options to use rewards and discounts and get receipts. Customers can earn additional rewards with opt-in programs for Beauty and Pharmacy & Health.
The new CVS Pharmacy Times Square location is now open to the public, the front store is open 24 hours a day. Pharmacy hours are 8AM – 10PM Monday – Friday, 9AM – 6PM on Saturday and 10AM – 6PM on Sunday.
About CVS Pharmacy
CVS Pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with over 9,700 locations. It is the first national pharmacy to end the sale of tobacco and the first pharmacy in the nation to receive the Community Pharmacy accreditation from URAC, the leading health care accreditation organization that establishes quality standards for the health care industry. CVS Pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS Pharmacy is available at http://www.cvshealth.com.
CONTACT: Stephanie Cunha, firstname.lastname@example.org, 401-770-9354
SOURCE CVS Pharmacy