MCLEAN, Va., July 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- CYREN (NASDAQ: CYRN) today announced the launch of its CYREN Next Generation Sandbox service. The new service is a key element in the industry's first complete cloud-based global Web and messaging protection framework that CYREN will release later this year.
The CYREN Next Generation Sandbox service is unique in its ability to harness the power of automated, multi-layered sandboxing capabilities that rely on global cyber intelligence instead of traditional human analysis or reactive procedures initiated due to customer infection or attack.
The multi-tenant service automates threat analysis on a mass-scale through a vast array of cloud-based sandboxes. It uses proprietary heuristic logic to direct potential threats through multiple sandboxes, changing the item's reputation score as it progresses. A fully automated process chooses the best environment to analyze malware samples according to extracted features while another process is responsible for ensuring optimal execution of the analysis and redirecting to better suited environments as needed. Once an item is proven to be a threat, the CYREN global cyber intelligence platform is instantaneously updated and CYREN users are proactively protected against that threat.
"Today's advanced attacks can easily fool traditional sandboxes, allowing the bad guys to consistently break through," said Lior Kohavi, Chief Technology Officer at CYREN. "The industry needs a wakeup call. One sandbox is not enough anymore, and one type of logic won't make a difference. What is needed is a completely automated and orchestrated framework that utilizes multiple sandbox capabilities in an adaptive way. This new CYREN service is the next generation of sandboxing."
Lior continued, "CYREN has built unique logic to decide what to do with suspicious resources – before the threats contained within can ever affect a single CYREN customer. No other security vendor is able to do this. The CYREN Next Generation Sandbox is a true first for the industry, as it enables the complete automation of a proactive threat discovery and remediation process. This means that CYREN can consistently identify and protect against more new and unknown threats sooner than any other security vendor."
The new service is immediately available as an add-on module within the CYREN WebSecurity platform, which already offers the most robust security for protecting business devices and data, regardless of type or location.
Features of the CYREN Smart Sandbox service include:
- High Availability – Mass-scale dynamic malware and threat analysis.
- Multi-Layered Dynamic Analysis – Malware is executed repeatedly in various environments (physical and virtual machines) and several sandbox engines that perform actions on a standard physical machine while simulating user activity such as mouse movement, application launching and keyboard typing.
- Advanced Behavior Analysis – Malware execution continues until a satisfactory degree of behavioral data is extracted. The logic is fully automated and saves a security analyst the time and trouble to identify the best analysis conditions, including OS, end-point apps, network modules, perimeter services, etc.
- Decoupled Sandbox Framework – The generated behavioral report is generified to enable automated conclusion making, regardless of which sandbox engine generated the report.
- Industry-leading detection heuristics – Focuses on both network activity & OS level.
- Severity Level Calculation – Using multiple proprietary heuristic rule engines, a total risk level of analyzed files is accumulated, providing a detailed scoreboard for each of the reported anomalous behaviors.
- Multi-Tenancy – Research analysts can safely run sensitive files without risking privacy compromise.
- Advanced Sandboxing for Mobile – Automated analysis with physical mobile devices.
- RESTFul API with RSS-enabled client to receive asynchronous notifications for subscribed events.
About CYREN Founded in 1991, CYREN (NASDAQ and TASE: CYRN) is a long-time innovator in cyber intelligence, offering next generation Security as a Service solutions to enterprises and powering the security solutions of more than 200 of the world's largest IT and security technology providers. Providing detection of cyber attacks for many of the largest networks, CYREN maintains the broadest and deepest real-time Internet threat database in the world. Every day, CYREN collects and analyzes 17 billion pieces of threat data to protect 600 million global users. Threat data is gathered and cyber intelligence disseminated through 500,000 global points of presence in 200 countries. Visit www.cyren.com.
© 2015 CYREN Ltd. CYREN and GlobalView are trademarks of CYREN Ltd. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
U.S. Investor Contact: Garth Russell KCSA 212.896.1250 email@example.com
Israel Investor Relations Contact: Iris Lubitch SmarTeam +972.54.2528007 firstname.lastname@example.org
CYREN Company Contact: Mike Myshrall, CFO CYREN 703.760.3320 email@example.com
CYREN Media Contact: Matthew Zintel Zintel Public Relations 281.444.1590 firstname.lastname@example.org