SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- For the sixth consecutive year, DataDirect Networks (DDN) continues its proven leadership of the TOP500.org global supercomputer rankings with more than two-thirds of identifiable sites among the world's 500 fastest computers relying on DDN storage infrastructure solutions, according to the most recent TOP500 rankings list.
- As the premier global list that ranks supercomputers by performance, the TOP500 list illustrates the computer power of massively scalable computer systems being used within high performance computing (HPC) markets.
- DDN's founders, Alex Bouzari and Paul Bloch, have demonstrated the capability to deliver leadership within the TOP500 year after year. Their commitment is reflected in the company's ability to consistently out-innovate its competition, and to meet and exceed the technology requirements for the most data-intensive workflows in the world.
- Increasingly, many of these workflows depend on site-wide file systems to help address peak and mixed I/O demands on the storage infrastructure of HPC environments according to a recent DDN end user survey. With major HPC and Big Data deployments worldwide, DDN is meeting the needs of HPC storage users with massively scalable centralized storage that serves multiple clusters, lowers TCO and simplifies management and administration.
- New DDN deployments including KTH – Sweden's Royal Institute of Technology, HLRS, and Louisiana Optical Network Initiative join the extensive list of existing TOP500 DDN customers.
- Many TOP500 organizations including National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA), National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC), and Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) are building on DDN's unparalleled leadership in delivering extreme performance with early review, testing and adoption of DDN's Infinite Memory Engine (IMETM) burst buffer and application acceleration technology. This technology offers a wide range of advances that enable the next generation of high performance computing capabilities, including game-changing application acceleration, performance optimization, SSD utilization and high-performance storage.
Addison Snell, CEO, Intersect360
- "DDN continues to show a strong presence not only in the TOP500, but also in our surveys across the HPC industry, in both production and research environments across industry, government, and academia. This reflects DDN's commitment to high-performance solutions for a broad range of application segments and a sustained ability to deliver value in a dynamic and competitive environment."
Laura Shepard, director of HPC Markets, DDN
- "High performance computing environments are under massive scrutiny and budget pressure to accelerate insights and business results. To be continually chosen over alternatives is a huge endorsement of DDN's ability to meet and exceed the requirements of the most data-intensive workflows in the world. What's more, the longevity of DDN's leadership position attests to the fact that we innovate and deliver industry-leading solutions generation after generation."
- More on IME
- More on DDN Big Data Platforms
- Read about DDN's annual High Performance Computing Trends Survey
- Read about DDN's HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards
- Read about Gartner positioning DDN as a Challenger in the Magic Quadrant for General Purpose Disk Arrays
- More on DDN Customers
- Follow DDN via Blog and Twitter
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2015 All rights reserved. DataDirect Networks, Inc., DDN and IME are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks.
DDN Media Contact:
Corporate Communications Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE DataDirect Networks