NEW ORLEANS, Nov. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SC14 (Booth #2539) --
- Underscoring the strength and breadth of DataDirect Networks (DDN) entire end-to-end HPC product portfolio for life sciences, oil and gas, manufacturing and financial services industries, DDN has been awarded six top honors in the 2014 HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards.
- Announced at the Opening Reception of the annual Supercomputing Conference held this year in New Orleans, the HPCwire awards are widely recognized as one of the most prestigious HPC industry honors, demonstrating excellence and outstanding technological advancements achieved by the HPC community.
- Earning top honors as the Best HPC Storage Product or Technology, DDN's WOS® high-performance object storage platform made its HPCwire debut and was recognized for making a powerful impact in the market.
- Once again, Readers also revealed their preferred vendors by awarding two HPCwire Readers' Choice Awards for the DDN® Storage Fusion Architecture® (SFA) engine and DDN SFA12K® appliance for scale-out and high performance computing. These case studies include:
o Best Use of HPC Application in Manufacturing: Rolls Royce for its work with NCSA and DDN to accelerate the simulation and modeling performance for Nastran and other data intensive manufacturing codes.
o Best Application of Big Data in HPC: PayPal utilizing DDN SFA12Ks with Hadoop to improve customer shopping experiences.
- DDN's highly-acclaimed SFA flagship technology also received two Editors' Choice Awards including:
o Best Use of HPC Application in Manufacturing: Rolls Royce for its work with NCSA and DDN for accelerating the simulation and modeling performance for Nastran and other data intensive manufacturing codes.
o Best use of HPC in the Oil and Gas industry: BP operates one of the largest industrial supercomputers, built with HP, Intel and DDN technology.
- HPCwire readers also lauded DDN's technology innovation recognizing the company's next-generation Infinite Memory Engine (IME) application acceleration and burst buffer technology as a Top 5 New Products or Technologies to Watch.
- The coveted annual HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards are determined through a nomination and voting process with the global HPCwire community, along with a selection process in which the editors of HPCwire make selections.
Massively Scalable Platforms and Solutions for HPC, Cloud and Big Data Applications
- The SFA12K is DDN's signature appliance for massively scalable, parallel file systems and archive environments, offering best-in-class IOPS efficiency, performance, ease of management, density, and low TCO.
- Innovative, award winning and proven in the world's largest and most demanding production environments, DDN's Storage Fusion Architecture (SFA) utilizes the most advanced processor technology, busses and memory with an optimized RAID engine, sophisticated data management algorithms and integrated SSD and Flash caching technology.
- The DDN WOS high-performance object storage platform is designed to store up to hundreds of petabytes of unstructured data, across multiple geographic locations, with the highest availability at the lowest TCO. The industry's largest cloud applications rely on WOS as their infrastructure for public and private storage clouds, online collaboration, content distribution, cloud backup and active archives.
Molly Rector, Chief Marketing Officer, DDN:
- "We are honored once again that the HPC community has recognized DDN's unique end-to-end portfolio as the leader in addressing customers' data storage needs at all points in the lifecycle. Recognition of our broad HPC product line from application acceleration to performance storage to Cloud is a huge validation of DDN's product strategy. We are dedicated to solving HPC problems faster, more efficiently and more intelligently each year. With six awards for the second consecutive year, we're delighted that the HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice awards continue to validate DDN's vision, strategy and commitment to the industry with technologies like WOS and IME, as well as supporting the success of customers and partners like BP, PayPal and Rolls Royce by delivering award-winning innovation."
Tom Tabor, CEO, Tabor Communications, Inc.
- "HPCwire readers are among the most informed in the HPC community and these awards are ultimately given to the organizations that are making the biggest impacts in advancing technology and humanity itself through high performance computing. The HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards send a strong message of support and appreciation from those in the global HPC community. We are proud to be able to recognize these efforts each year and our congratulations go out to all the winners."
- Connect with DDN at Supercomputing 2014
- More on DDN WOS Cloud and Object Storage
- Follow DDN via Blog and Twitter
- More information on the HPCwire Readers' Choice Awards can be found here or on Twitter through the following hashtag: #HPCwireAwards.
HPCwire is the #1 news and information resource covering the fastest computers in the world and the people who run them. Since its inception in 1986, HPCwire has enjoyed a legacy of world-class editorial and journalism, making it the news source of choice selected by science, technology and business professionals interested in high performance and data-intensive computing. Visit HPCwire at www.hpcwire.com.
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2014 All rights reserved. DataDirect Networks, Inc. DDN, Storage Fusion Architecture, SFA12K, and WOS are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
DDN Media Contact:
Sr. Director, Global Corporate Communications
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE DataDirect Networks (DDN)