SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Continuing to build on its unmatched leadership in HPC and Lustre®-based storage, DataDirect Networks (DDN) today unveiled its new high-end Lustre storage appliance, built specifically for HPC and data intensive Enterprise markets. The DDN EXAScaler™ ES14K™, combines the industry's fastest storage platform from DDN with Intel® Enterprise Edition Lustre parallel file system to deliver the world's most advanced Lustre appliance.
Benefits of the new ES14K include:
- Highest Performance – 4x faster than all other Lustre solutions on the market, providing up to ½ TB/second throughput in a single rack;
- Lowest Latency – Delivers latencies as low as 100μs for superfast embedded file system and metadata speeds thanks to its specially designed internal PCIe Gen3 fabric;
- Most Efficient Scalability – Provides up to 2x more capacity per rack than competitive alternatives, delivering 7+PB in a single rack and scaling to 14+PB in a single appliance;
- Designed for Flash – All SSD configurations to deliver industry-leading storage IOPS, throughput and metadata performance. Leverage hybrid options to drive down the cost/GB while maintaining the performance of a flash tier;
- Most Experienced Lustre Provider on the Globe – DDN brings over 10 years of Lustre development, deployment, optimization and support expertise to deliver high reliability, ease of deployment and optimal solution performance to the most demanding scale and performance environments around the world;
- Exascale Ready – HPC architectures are now depending on the innovation leadership of DDN, which combines DDN's Exascale-ready ES14K and DDN's IME application acceleration and burst buffer, to deliver the world's only complete solution for performance-optimized cache and cost-optimized storage that aligns with Exascale initiatives and budget.
Leveraging Lustre 2.7* pre-installed and fully optimized for DDN's high-density storage appliances, ES14K delivers 4x the performance and up to 2x higher density than competitive offerings and offers robust management and monitoring interfaces, HPC-level performance that optimizes both mixed and parallel IO performance, and complete DDN/Intel integrated support.
"With more than a decade of experience in designing, installing and supporting Lustre-based storage, DDN is the most experienced Lustre provider and has worked closely with us over many years to design optimized Lustre-based storage systems. DDN's latest ES14K offering delivers a high-performing, high density appliance for the HPC market built on Intel® Enterprise Edition for Lustre®," said Brent Gorda, GM of Intel's High Performance Data Division. "Lustre has strong and accelerating momentum in the market and is being widely adopted in the high performance technical computing arena by national labs and universities, as well as traditional industries like research, oil and gas, manufacturing, and financial services. Intel is delighted to see DDN expand its Lustre offering with the new ES14K appliance, and we look forward to continuing our strong collaboration to deliver advanced, performance-driven technologies and solutions to customers worldwide."
Leveraging DDN's proven performance leadership, the EXAScaler family offers the perfect balance of open source software coupled with tight performance hardware integration to deliver the best cost/performance in the industry. IO path optimization at every level in the EXAScaler architecture ensures consistent high performance for bandwidth-intensive, IOPs-intensive and mixed IO workflows, and minimizes the performance impact of adverse conditions like drive failures. Developed to overcome the toughest storage and data management challenges, the ES14K was designed from the bottom up to accommodate the rapid deployment of new technologies like Omni-Path, 100 Gb/E, faster processors, new SSDs and burst buffer integration.
Leading high-performance computing organizations depend on DDN and Intel Lustre's cutting-edge solutions to solve some of today's toughest data-intensive storage challenges, including the University of Tokyo, The First Institute of Oceanography, SOA, CEA and TACC.
The new ES14K is generally available today and will be showcased at the International Supercomputing Conference (ISC), booth #1010, in Frankfurt, Germany July 19-23, 2016.
To learn more, attend the "On the Path to Exascale with Next-Gen DDN and Intel Lustre Solutions" live webinar on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 9:00 am PST. Register here.
- More on ES14K Lustre Appliance
- More on DDN EXAScaler
- More on DDN End to End Storage and Big Data Platforms
- More on DDN Customers
- Follow DDN: Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world's leading big data storage supplier to data-intensive, global organizations. For more than 15 years, DDN has designed, developed, deployed and optimized systems, software and storage solutions that enable enterprises, service providers, universities and government agencies to generate more value and to accelerate time to insight from their data and information, on premise and in the cloud. Organizations leverage the power of DDN storage technology and the deep technical expertise of its team to capture, store, process, analyze, collaborate and distribute data, information and content at largest scale in the most efficient, reliable and cost effective manner. DDN customers include many of the world's leading financial services firms and banks, healthcare and life science organizations, manufacturing and energy companies, government and research facilities, and web and cloud service providers. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
Sr. Director of Marketing
IGNITE Consulting, on behalf of DDN
Linda Dellett, 303-439-9398
Kathleen Sullivan, 303-439-9365
*Available 2H 2016
©2016 All rights reserved. DDN Storage, DDN, EXAScaler and the ES14K are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ddns-es14k-embedded-appliance-boosts-lustre-performance-by-300-and-delivers-far-better-reliability-for-the-enterprise-300284070.html
SOURCE DataDirect Networks (DDN)