SALT LAKE CITY and SANTA CLARA, Calif., Nov. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- SC16 (Booth #1931) -- DataDirect Networks (DDN®) today announced that the company has again earned prestigious industry accolades for its excellence in HPC storage innovation and leadership. DDN was recognized by the HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards, presented at the 2016 International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC16), in Salt Lake City, Utah. Additionally, more than a dozen DDN customers, including MLB Networks and the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC), were recognized for their innovative high performance infrastructure solutions and their global impact.
The awards underscore the power of DDN's end-to-end product portfolio to solve the toughest challenges in HPC and data-intensive Enterprise environments, such as mixed I/O performance and rapid data growth. With DDN solutions, customers are able to leverage massive volumes of data effectively for scientific discovery, government intelligence, high resolution media production and big data analysis, as well as for Enterprise IT and web/cloud use cases. DDN's HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Award honors in 2016 include:
- Best HPC Storage Product or Technology - Readers' and Editors' Choice: The DDN SFA14K® Hybrid and Hyper-Converged Solution was recognized for its unique ability to address the comprehensive needs of HPC and big data environments. Built upon the highest performance architecture in the industry, which delivers 60GB/s, 6 million IOPs and industry-leading density in a single 4U appliance, the extremely dense SFA14K allows customers to achieve the largest single leap forward in performance of any large-scale storage solution. This is the second consecutive year that DDN earned top honors for Best HPC Storage Product or Technology in both the Readers' Choice and the Editors' Choice categories.
- Best HPC Collaboration between Academia & Industry - Readers' Choice: The Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) is using DDN storage, along with Cray® and Intel® computing, to advance science discoveries across engineering and science research communities. From modeling the collapse of the ice sheet covering West Antarctica to predicting oil slick movements during an oil spill accident in the Gulf of Mexico, TACC is applying leading-edge HPC technologies to help solve some of the world's toughest problems.
- Best Use of HPC in Entertainment - Editors' Choice: MLB Network, a producer of high definition Major League Baseball video content, has simplified the management of its live and archived video assets, sped up content access times, and powered its ability to provide high definition content wherever it is needed within the post production environment using DDN's MEDIAScaler® storage solution.
"DDN is honored to be consistently recognized by the HPC community for our innovation and market leadership, which testifies to our unrivaled ability to assist large-scale Enterprise and HPC customers in solving some of the most daunting I/O and big data lifecycle management challenges," said Robert Triendl, senior vice president, global sales, marketing, and field services, DDN. "We are equally excited to see so many DDN customers recognized for their use of DDN technology to solve business problems efficiently and best support collaborative research that accelerates insights that are making lives better around the globe."
"From thought leaders to end users, HPCwire readers are among the most knowledgeable and engaged people in the HPC community," said Tom Tabor, CEO of Tabor Communications, publisher of HPCwire. "DDN's strong, consistent recognition in our HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards speaks to the exceptional dedication and technology ingenuity of DDN's employees and partners worldwide. We extend our heartfelt congratulations to the DDN team and to all the DDN customers who we recognized for their outstanding achievements during the past year."
Announced at the SC16 Opening Gala, the annual HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards are the most recognized awards within the high performance community, demonstrating excellence and outstanding technological advancements achieved by HPC organizations. These awards are revealed each year at the annual supercomputing conference, which showcases high performance computing, networking, storage and data analysis.
- Connect with DDN at SC16
- More on DDN SFA14K
- More on DDN MEDIAScaler
- More on this year's HPCwire awards
- More on DDN Customers
- Follow DDN: Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- More on Twitter at the following hashtag: #HPCwireAwards, #SC16, #HPCTransforms, #HPC, #HPCMatters
HPCwire is the #1 news and information resource covering the fastest computers in the world and the people who run them. With a legacy dating back to 1986, HPCwire has enjoyed a legacy of world-class editorial and journalism, making it the news source of choice selected by science, technology and business professionals interested in high performance and data-intensive computing. Visit HPCwire at www.hpcwire.com.
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world's leading big data storage supplier to data-intensive, global organizations. For more than 18 years, DDN has designed, developed, deployed and optimized systems, software and storage solutions that enable enterprises, service providers, universities and government agencies to generate more value and to accelerate time to insight from their data and information, on premise and in the cloud. Organizations leverage the power of DDN storage technology and the deep technical expertise of its team to capture, store, process, analyze, collaborate and distribute data, information and content at the largest scale in the most efficient, reliable and cost-effective manner. DDN customers include many of the world's leading financial services firms and banks, healthcare and life science organizations, manufacturing and energy companies, government and research facilities, and web and cloud service providers. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
Sr. Director of Marketing
IGNITE Consulting, on behalf of DDN
Linda Dellett, 303-439-9398
Kathleen Sullivan, 303-439-9365
©2016 All rights reserved. DDN Storage, DDN, MEDIAScaler and the SFA14K are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ddns-hpc-storage-leadership-recognized-by-hpcwire-readers-and-editors-300362424.html
SOURCE DataDirect Networks (DDN)