SOUTHLAKE, Texas, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- David O'Day, director of wine for Del Frisco's Restaurant Group, is thrilled to announce that the 2008 Penfolds Grange Shiraz, one of the wines most sought after by collectors around the world, will be released and served exclusively at Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak Houses on May 1 in advance of its global debut the following day. The 2008 Penfolds Grange Shiraz was recently awarded a perfect 100-point rating by critic Lisa Perrotti-Brown of The Wine Advocate. This is the first time since 1976 that The Wine Advocate, which has reviewed Penfolds Grange Shiraz annually since the 1960 vintage, has honored the wine with a 100-point rating.
"In her review of the 2008 Penfolds Grange Shiraz, Lisa Perrotti-Brown described it as 'a wonderfully opulent and…magic vintage' and we're honored to be able to release it exclusively to our guests as a prized addition to our unparalleled wine list," said David O'Day, director of wine for Del Frisco's Restaurant Group. "Our guests are sophisticated, knowledgeable and adventurous. We are excited to be presented with the rare opportunity to host the exclusive US release of Penfolds Grange, demonstrating the synergy between Shiraz and the soils and climates of South Australia through our unique dining experience."
Chefs from each of Del Frisco's 10 locations teamed to create a special five-course menu with dishes designed to showcase some of Penfolds' most prized wines. In Boston, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, and Las Vegas the five-course Penfolds Grange Dinner at Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House will be $200/person, while in Chicago and Philadelphia it will be $250/person. Only in New York, the dinner will be $295/person and will include a pairing with the 2003 Penfolds Grange Shiraz, poured from magnums.
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is a contemporary steak house, with a see-and-be-seen buzz, bold and delicious cuisine, an award-winning wine list, and warm, genuine hospitality. Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is known for its prime steak – the top 2 – 3 percent of all meat in the U.S. market. As Director of Wine, O'Day has carefully selected a staggering array of sought-after wines, creating a stand-out choice for power players with discerning taste who want the best wines to complement their prime steaks.
O'Day has built relationships with vintners around the world, fully committed to continuing his wine education and that of his staff in order to surprise, delight and entertain guests. The Grange style is the original and most powerful expression of Penfolds multi-vineyard, multi-district blending philosophy, making this exclusive release of the 2008 vintage even more special.
Penfolds Grange Wine Dinner Highlights:
*Additional items to be featured
- *Little Bites: Penfolds Bin 51 Eden Valley Riesling is paired with Duck Confit on Garlic Crostini by Chef Fernando Guerrero, Las Vegas; Sauteed Thyme Scented Bay Scallops Spoons by Chef Elvis Inniss, New York; Seared Loin of Lamb and Sweet Potato Brochette with Chimichurri Sauce by Chef Jim Teutemacher and Chef Anthony Reyes, Chicago.
- First Course: Penfolds Bin 311 Tumbarumba Chardonnay is paired with Achiote Butter Poached Lobster and Cannellini Bean-Arugula Salad, and Citrus Infused Olive Oil Apricot Coulis by Chef Steve Haug, Houston and Chef Anthony Felli, Fort Worth.
- Second Course: Penfolds Bin 138 Barossa Valley GSM is paired with Sliced Ribeye Spinellis with Roasted Potatoes, English Peas, and Boursin Butter by Chef Robert Kalish, Charlotte and Chef John Stritzinger, Philadelphia.
- Third Course: 2008 Penfolds Grange (and 2003 Penfolds Grange at New York location only) is paired with Porcini Dusted Beef Tenderloin with Buttermilk Blue Cheese and Fig Melt, Grilled Fiddle Heads and Red Wine-Mint Gastrique by Corporate Chef Thomas Dritsas and Chef David Holben, Dallas.
- Dessert: Penfolds Club Port is paired with Nutella Crumb Cake with Wensleydale-Cranberry Streusle, Blackberry Compote and Agave Nectar by Chef Tony Schwappach, Denver and Chef Derek Barragan, Boston.
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House has 10 locations situated in the business and entertainment epicenters of the country's most exciting and vibrant cities – New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Las Vegas, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Charlotte, Denver, and the recently-opened Chicago location in the city's famed Gold Coast neighborhood – creating a seamless dining experience for sophisticated locals and business travelers who regularly entertain away from home. Reservations can be made by calling any Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House found here: http://delfriscos.com/locations
About Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
No one does steak like Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House. An American culinary institution, Del Frisco's serves up flawless cuisine that's bold and delicious, an extensive award-winning wine list and a level of service that reminds guests that they're the boss. Offering prime steak, fresh-off-the-boat seafood and genuine hospitality, Del Frisco's is an exceptional steak house, unparalleled in any city.
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House has been recognized nationally and has received the DiRoNA Award for Distinguished Restaurants of North America; Nation's Restaurant News Fine Dining Hall of Fame; Restaurants and Institutions' Ivy Award; and the Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence for its extensive wine list.
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is owned by Del Frisco's Restaurant Group (NASDAQ: DFRG), which is based in Southlake, Texas.
Penfolds has been producing an impressive array of wines since 1844 and indisputably led the development of Australian fine wine into the modern era. The introduction of Penfolds Grange in 1951 forever changed the landscape of Australian fine wine. Since then a series of standout wines, both white and red, have been released under the Penfolds masthead. The 2013 Penfolds Luxury Collection is available globally on May 2nd. For more information on the wines, including in-depth tasting notes visit www.penfolds.com
Media contact: Casey Shaughnessy, Lauren Englehardt, or Danielle Mayer at Glodow Nead Communications, 415-394-6500 or [email protected]
SOURCE Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House