HOPKINTON, Mass., Jan. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- Three flexible service levels delivered by Dell EMC experts and partners - from project management through planning, configuration, installation and post-deployment support
- Unprecedented level of control, automation and simplicity for every detail of the deployment through the TechDirect portal
- With ProDeploy Plus, up to 35% faster1 PC deployment and savings up to $620 per PC deployed2
- Dynamic imaging prior to shipping via ImageAssist reduces the time to create images up to 88%3
Dell EMC today announced the launch of ProDeploy Client Suite, enabling customers to deploy PCs with greater speed, less effort and increased control. With three different service levels, training and certification, customers have the flexibility to choose the specific service to meet their needs.
IDC research shows that organizations partnering with desktop deployment providers can realize significant cost savings, deploy systems faster and deliver a better end user experience.2 With ProDeploy Client Suite, customers can trust Dell EMC and partner experts to lead all aspects of their deployment from planning, configuration and installation to data migration and knowledge transfer. Customers are assigned an engagement manager as a single point of contact to manage the deployment and receive access to TechDirect, a self-service portal for configuration and status updates whenever they want. Addressing needs from the simple to the complex, the suite has three offers that align to common deployment scenarios.
"Our differentiated services are a big reason customers buy from Dell. ProDeploy Client Suite provides IT managers the flexibility to outsource time-consuming deployment tasks that divert IT staff from more critical initiatives," said Jeff Clarke, Dell vice chairman, Operations and president, Client Solutions Group. "They can now focus on delivering a great end-user experience and increase productivity by putting a fully- configured system in their employees' hands."
ProDeploy Client Suite:
- Basic Deployment: Systems are prepared for deployment and arrive with the image loaded, BIOS configured and asset tag applied.
- ProDeploy: In addition to the Basic Deployment features, a deployment engineer develops an implementation plan covering all aspects of installation and configuration of hardware and system software, 24/7 onsite installation and post-deployment knowledge transfer. Customers can also use the ImageAssist tool to quickly create, deploy and maintain a single cross-platform dynamic image. In third-party testing, ImageAssist took up to 88% less customer administration time than manual image creation.3
- ProDeploy Plus: This end-to-end service addresses every task required to get new PCs from the factory to desk, up and running fast. In addition to the ProDeploy features, ProDeploy Plus customers can use Dell Connected Configuration to set up a factory distribution point for their Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager to securely configure BIOS, image and domain join, which lowers onsite effort. They also receive data migration with secure data wipe of legacy systems, training credits to use at any time, 30-day post-deployment support, and a dedicated ProSupport Technical Account Manager.4 ProDeploy Plus can help reduce the amount of time it takes to deploy PCs by 35%1 and save up to $620 per PC deployed.2
"Dell EMC is committed to delivering world-class services that provide customers with choice, flexibility and scale," said Doug Schmitt, president, Dell EMC Services. "ProDeploy Client Suite furthers our tradition of continuous innovation by providing customers with new solutions that help them get the most value from their Dell technology. The suite's powerful combination of expertise, automation and control empowers IT resources and gives end-users the ability to use their systems straight out of the box."
Expertise and automation make a difference:
Highly-trained Dell EMC and partner experts equipped with innovative, robust tools deliver the ProDeploy Client Suite to shift the deployment experience from labor-intensive to light-touch. From day one, customers are assigned an engagement manager who handles every aspect of the deployment – monitoring activity, coordinating resources and providing assistance with any issues or questions.
Deployment projects are set up and managed through TechDirect, a self-service portal that allows customers and partners to easily and confidently direct deployment projects, from defining the scope, to making changes, to configuring systems or checking status. Projects can be executed faster and with less risk of mistakes, making the entire engagement more efficient and effective.
The ProDeploy Client Suite also fully enables Dell EMC channel partners with a framework designed to supplement their capabilities, grow services revenue and deliver the best possible deployment experience to their customers. Partners have the flexibility to resell or co-deliver deployment services. With training and certification accessed through TechDirect, partners who attain the Deployment Services Competency by passing the corresponding exam gain access to Dell EMC methodologies and tools while becoming eligible to co-deliver ProDeploy Plus and ProDeploy.
ProDeploy Client Suite is available for Dell Latitude, OptiPlex and Precision systems across 70 countries. For more details on service availability, visit the ProDeploy website.
Patrick Moorhead, founder, president & principal analyst, Moor Insights & Strategy
"Getting new technology into the hands of a mobile, remote or global workforce is a challenge many organizations can relate to. Dell's new ProDeploy Client Suite addresses and automates many of the more time consuming and complicated aspects of PC deployment while giving IT leaders the visibility and control they need to effectively manage devices. Leveraging the expertise of Dell and channel partner technicians and taking advantage of capabilities like Connected Configuration - where customers can set up a distribution point in the Dell factory - not only eases the burden on IT but ultimately results in faster deployment of ready-to-use systems."
- Watch this video to see how Dell EMC experts and partners help customers deploy PCs with greater speed, less effort and increased control
- Learn more about Dell EMC Services offerings
- For the latest news from Dell EMC Services, follow @DellEMCServices or @DellProSupport on Twitter
- Connect with Dell EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and DECN
Dell EMC, a part of Dell Inc., enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services its customers – including 98% of the Fortune 500 – with the industry's broadest, most innovative infrastructure portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
1Based on May 2016 Principled Technologies Report commissioned by Dell. Testing results extrapolated from a 10-system deployment to project time savings for larger deployment compared to in-house manual deployment. Actual results will vary. Full report: http://bit.ly/2hgCBrO
2Based on IDC White Paper commissioned by Dell, "The Business Value of Utilizing Deployment Services," July 2016. Results derived from a survey of 550 organizations. Savings calculated on a Tier 3 deployment. Cost savings in U.S. Dollars. Actual results will vary. Full report: http://dell.to/2gnfFFX
3Based on May 2016 Principled Technologies Report commissioned by Dell. Testing measured total image creation time for 10 systems compared to in-house manual image creation. Actual results will vary. Full report: http://bit.ly/2hgCBrO
4Available for ProSupport Plus customers who qualify for a Technical Account Manager
SOURCE Dell EMC