SINGAPORE, April 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Electronics, Inc. (Taiwan: 2308), a global leader in power and thermal management solutions, is showcasing its smart and highly integrated solutions for industrial automation and energy management applications at Hannover Messe 2015. Since 2012, Delta has delivered close to 200 solutions projects that achieve 20% to 40% in energy savings to customers around the world. Visitors to the show can witness live demos of Delta's SCARA robot arm solution, which is capable of improving daily productivity by up to three times through high-speed and high-precision compliance control for production lines in the electronics, packaging, materials, and other industries. Delta will also debut its Flex E3 battery energy storage system with smart-grid capabilities for optimal-cost energy storage and consumption.
"Delta continues to pursue the development of innovative technologies that can help mankind mitigate global warming. From 2010 to 2014, Delta's energy-efficient solutions enabled energy savings of 14.8 billion kWh and a reduction in carbon emissions of 7.9 million tons for our customers worldwide. In North America, Delta integrated more than 10,300 solar tracking automation systems with 1.5 times higher accuracy than the industry average in a 110-MW thermal CSP power plant. In India, a country-wide network of ATMs utilizes Delta's smart monitoring and power management solutions which provide a safe environment for users and significant opex and energy savings for our customers," said Yancey Hai, chairman of Delta.
Delta's president and general manager for the EMEA region, Jackie Chang, highlighted: "Our exhibition portfolio in Hannover Messe 2015 is living proof of Delta's expertise in integrating a broad spectrum of solutions that truly enhance the competitiveness of our customers. In Germany, our telecom power solutions have enabled energy savings of more than 10 million kWh for a tier-1 telecom carrier for a single project while our industrial automation solutions help improve productivity in the food and beverage industry. In Italy, Delta provided Telecom Italia with a total solution of more than 10,000 smart LED lights that reduces its headquarters' annual lighting-related electricity bills by 75%. At the Solar Decathlon Europe 2014 competition held in Versailles, France, Delta's battery energy storage and building automation solutions helped to power an eco-friendly home project built by the Unicode team and won an award for energy efficiency".
Highlights of Delta's showcase for Hannover Messe 2015 include:
- Industrial Automation Solutions for industrial facilities and processes that aim to achieve high levels of integration, productivity and energy efficiency through the "smart manufacturing" concept, which include: A newly-launched programmable automation control (PAC) motion control solution, which is ideal for complex industrial processes such as plasma cutting, glass cutting, and laser engraving. A Hybrid Energy-saving System (HES) for injection molding machinery that precisely controls flow and pressure to improve product duplication accuracy with excellent energy savings. Production automation solutions for beverage lines and food packaging that integrate Delta's machine vision system DMV Series for rapid detection or package defects confirmation. Delta's high performance mid-range programmable logic controller (PLC) AH500 Series offers a multi-axis control system with simple architecture, and high-extension possibilities to large-scale system and machines with a maximum distance of 100m by cable or 2km by optical fiber between local expansion racks. Delta's energy saving crane and elevator solution implements the energy regenerative unit REG2000 series to efficiently convert regenerative energy into reusable electricity helping a crane system save over 30% energy, and the elevator save as high as more than 50%.
Visitors can experience live demos of Delta's new SCARA DRS40L Series solution, a robot arm system that improves daily productivity by up to three times for certain industrial applications, such as processes for insertion, screw locking, assembly, gluing, soldering, transporting and packaging for the consumer electronics, electrical/electronics, rubber and plastic, packaging, and metal fabrication industries (available in Taiwan/ Mainland China in 2015).
- Delta's battery energy storage system Flex E3, which offers a smart-grid controller platform for optimal-cost energy storage and consumption and storage capacity from 2.9 kWh to 3.7 kWh or with three systems in parallel offering up to 11.0 kWh. This is an essential pillar of smart-grid-capable platforms for medium and small power installations in homes and small businesses as it is equipped with an intelligent controller that enables smart and constant interaction between renewable energy systems, the electricity grid, and its embedded battery infrastructure. Delta is showing the Flex E3 integrated with PV inverters, the AC Mini electric vehicle charging station and energy-efficient LED street lighting, all developed by Delta.
- Delta's iPEMS® (Intelligent Process and Management System) integrates various IoT technologies and DVCS (Distributive Vision Control System) to provide a unique solution for Big Data visualization for a broad range of industrial applications, such as in energy production and management, intelligent factory supervision, petrochemical plants, wireless communications and more. iPEMS® is capable of capturing real-time data, big data storage and cloud computing for millions of physical and virtual entities. The combination of vector-based SCADA and multi-resolution displays helps to enhance operational and management efficiency.
- Telecom Network Energy Solutions offer diversified hybrid energy sources (traditional, battery storage and renewable) and a selected combination of state-of-the-art technologies developed by Delta such as rectifiers with industry-leading energy efficiency of up to 97.5%, advanced PLC controllers, DC-converters, power distribution units and power cabinets OutD Series. The Delta Orion PLC Controller allows comprehensive remote monitoring and control of the system, including detailed component operations, active alarm systems and energy logs, thus, increasing the productivity of site maintenance processes.
- InfraSuite Datacenter Infrastructure Solutions is an optimal option for IT managers that strive to implement green datacenters. InfraSuite offers a highly integrated, adaptable, and modular architecture capable of realizing up to 25% energy savings, and allows pay-as-you-go expansion, smooth operation and easy management. These benefits, added to the intelligent real-time monitoring and remote control of data center facilities, are achievable through the InfraSuite Manager (EMS3000) software system, which underscore Delta's position as a leading provider of smart, highly integrated, and eco-friendly solutions.
Visitors are welcome to come and see Delta's smart solutions at Hall 11, stand A49 between April 13th and 17th, 2015, at Hannover Messe, Germany.
Delta, founded in 1971, is a global leader in power and thermal management solutions. Our mission statement, "To provide innovative, clean and energy-efficient solutions for a better tomorrow," focuses our role in addressing key environmental issues such as global climate change. As an energy-saving solutions provider with core competencies in power electronics and in innovative research and development, Delta's businesses encompass Power Electronics, Energy Management, and Smart Green Life. Delta has sales offices worldwide with manufacturing facilities and R&D centres in Taiwan, Mainland China, USA, Europe, Thailand, Japan, Singapore, India, Mexico and Brazil.
Throughout its history, Delta has received many global awards and recognition for its business milestones, innovative technology and corporate social responsibility. Since 2011, Delta has been selected as a member of the prestigious Dow Jones Sustainability™ World Index (DJSI World) for 4 consecutive years. In 2014, Delta was ranked at the highest A-level of the Climate Performance Leadership Index (CPLI) of the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), and it was the only company from Greater China to be named to the CPLI from nearly 2,000 listed companies. Delta received Channel NewsAsia's Green Luminary Award in 2015.
For detailed information about Delta, please visit: www.deltaww.com.
SOURCE Delta Electronics