SPARTANBURG, S.C., March 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Denny's, known for being open to giving consumers the choice and variety they want, is extending that mantra to a diner menu favorite - pancakes. With the launch of their new "Build Your Own Pancakes" menu, Denny's is providing diners with more choice than ever before, satisfying sweet or savory cravings as well as the desire to design your meal. The new menu features a collection of fluffy creations as well as the option to build your own delectable dish from a variety of selections.
Inventive eaters who want to build their own pancake dish have the choice between a short stack, served with two fluffy pancakes and a tall stack, served with three. Both options come with two eggs cooked to order, two bacon strips or two sausage links and a choice of either hash browns, seasoned red-skinned potatoes or grits. Diners have plenty of options when it comes to creating:
- Choose your batter: Buttermilk and hearty wheat batters will please even the pickiest of pancake eaters.
- Choose your mix-in: Glazed pecans, diced bacon, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and blueberries provide endless ways to make your pancake taste delicious.
- Choose your topping: Diners will need to give great deliberation over the tasty toppings available- fresh strawberries, fresh banana slices, caramel sauce, hot fudge, raspberry sauce and peanut butter sauce are all available to sit atop their pancake stacks. The optional addition of whipped cream will give diners a seriously sweet ending to their handiwork.
If diners aren't in the mood to build their own creation they can choose one of Denny's delicious pancake designs, all available in short or tall stacks and served with two eggs cooked to order, two bacon strips or two sausage links and a choice of either hash browns, seasoned red-skinned potatoes or grits.
- Sweet Pecana 'Nana Pancakes Breakfast: Sweet Pecana 'Nana is as fun to say as it is to eat; a buttermilk batter with glazed pecans gives you a sweet start, allowing diners to enjoy fresh banana slices and caramel sauce toppings.
- Peanut Butter Cup Pancakes Breakfast: Not much beats a pancake with peanut butter, except a pancake with peanut butter and chocolate! This classic flavor combination starts with a buttermilk batter and includes chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, hot fudge and peanut butter sauce.
- Blueberry Muffin Pancakes Breakfast: The addition of blueberries in a buttermilk batter will have you wondering why you never ditched the muffins many years ago. White chocolate chips and whipped cream complete this sweet treat.
- Bananaberry Pancakes Breakfast: This fruity fusion with hearty wheat batter offers some healthy deliciousness; mixed in blueberries and sliced banana toppings offer fewer than 15g of fat, over 20g of protein and 8g of fiber when served with egg whites, seasoned red-skinned potatoes and turkey bacon.
- Strawberries & Cream Pancakes Breakfast: This creamy strawberry sensation begins with buttermilk batter and offers white chocolate chips, fresh strawberries and whipped cream to top it off.
"Denny's 'Build Your Own Grand Slam' has always been one of our most popular menu items, with customers enjoying the choice and variety that the 'BYO' feature offers," said John Dillon, vice president of marketing and product development for Denny's. "With our 'Build Your Own Pancakes' menu, we wanted to extend that offering around an all-American favorite, while still providing the same value and satisfaction that diners come to expect from Denny's."
For a sweet start or finish to any meal, diners may enjoy Denny's new peanut butter and chocolate temptations. The Double Chocolate Pancake Puppies® with Peanut Butter Sauce offer bite-sized pancake goodness combining chocolate and white chocolate chips, tossed in powdered sugar and served with a side of peanut butter dipping sauce, while the Double Chocolate Pancake Puppies® Sundae offers a budget-friendly bite at just $2 from the 2,4,6,8 menu. Or, if you're in the mood something seriously sweet, try the Peanut Butter Pie which features a thick layer of creamy peanut butter filling sandwiched between a chocolate cookie crust and a rich layer of chocolate, topped with a dollop of whipped cream.
The brand's Facebook page will also be getting in on the action with a "Photo of the Day" contest, inspiring guests to create their own pancake stacks with a Facebook gallery showcasing the most perfect pancake submissions. A Tumblr page will also be launched, showing the next evolution of the Planking craze – "Pancaking." Guests who are inspired to create stacks with more than just Pancakes can stack themselves, friends or even everyday objects and Denny's will add them to the blog!
Launched nationwide on March 20, the "Build Your Own Pancakes" menu is available all day, every day for a limited time only with prices starting at $5.99. The menu includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert items.