FORT COLLINS, Colo., Nov. 6, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- DH2i®, the leading provider of multi-platform Software Defined Perimeter and Smart Availability™ software for Windows and Linux, today announced the launch of DxOdyssey™, its new network security software that dynamically deploys micro-perimeter security where needed in order to isolate services for fine-grained user access, creating a Software-Defined Perimeter (SDP). The new DH2i SDP offering gives medium and large organizations the perimeter security model needed for Zero Trust network connectivity between on-premises sites and/or multi-cloud environments. In addition, the new offering addresses customer desire for a highly scalable, self-healing networking solution that is easy to configure and manage, with a high ROI. DxOdyssey makes the application infrastructure "always-secure and always-on."
Today's medium and large organization security and network admins are well-aware of the difficulties that surround using traditional approaches such as virtual private networks (VPNs) for perimeter security to connect on-premises sites and/or multi-cloud environments. The issues include:
- Complex configuration requiring dedicated routers, ACLs and FW policies increasing risk
- Users get a "slice of the network," creating a lateral network attack surface
- Inbound connections create attack surfaces (e.g. DDoS)
- No ability to reduce attack surfaces with application-level segmentation
DxOdyssey cross-platform SDP software overcomes these issues without the use and security risks of conventional networking connectivity approaches. DxOdyssey SDP software delivers:
- Micro-Perimeters – Application-level micro-tunnels give network admins the ability to deep segment by application, not by network. Limits remote users to fine-grained access to specific services. No ACLs or FW policies to manage. Eliminates lateral network attacks.
- Discreet Invisibility – Randomly generated non-standard UDP ports for dynamic on-demand micro-tunnel communications. Servers are cloaked and secured with no open ports. Virtually eliminates network attack surfaces.
- Multi-Cloud Secure – Designed to enable secure communications "from any host, to any host, anywhere" with application-level DTLS encrypted micro-tunnels and Public Key Authentication. Scales across environments to build a secure hybrid/multi-cloud distributed application infrastructure. No cloud vendor lock-in.
- Smart Availability – Dynamic movement of micro-tunnel gateways and application workloads with self-healing automatic fault detection and failover. The perimeter can be orchestrated to change dynamically so that micro-tunnels and workloads always find their best execution venue (BEV). The entire application infrastructure is "always-secure and always-on."
- Lightweight Software – Software-Defined-Perimeter solution. Just install on any host and connect. Integrates into existing network infrastructure. No network reconfiguration. No appliances to deploy, configure or maintain.
"A 'zero-trust' methodology assumes that assets, users and resources are untrusted. To achieve a zero-trust architecture takes an extremely focused and dedicated effort, but can strengthen most organizations' risk posture," said Eric Hanselman, Chief Analyst, 451 Research. "IT professionals seeking to secure today's more complex hybrid and multi-cloud environments and build highly available, application-aware capabilities should consider offerings such as DH2i's DxOdyssey to move beyond the complexity and limitations of traditional VPNs."
"Traditional perimeter security solutions are obsolete for the new IT reality of hybrid and multi-cloud. They weren't designed for them. They create too large of an attack surface. One need only open today's paper to confirm this fact. Customers need a new perimeter security model to support hybrid and multicloud computing," said Don Boxley, CEO and Co-Founder, DH2i. "DH2i's SDP solution, DxOdyssey, is purpose-built for this new perimeter security reality and is going to disrupt the multi-billion cloud VPN market* because it enables organizations to move away from using a traditional VPN and all of the associated issues for perimeter security. Instead, with DxOdyssey customers can build lightweight dynamic micro-perimeters to secure application- and workload-centric connections between on-premises and/or multi-cloud environments, with virtually no attack surface."
According to 451 Research's Voice of the Enterprise: Cloud Hosting and Managed Services, Budgets and Outlook, 2017 survey of 644 enterprise IT decision-makers, 58% of organizations are pursuing a hybrid strategy involving integrated on-premises systems and off-premises cloud/hosted resources.**
DH2i will offer live demonstrations of its new DxOdyssey networking security software, as well as its DxEnterprise multi-platform Smart Availability software for Windows Server and Linux Server databases and stateful Docker containers, at this week's PASS Summit, Booth # 401 (November 6-9, Seattle, WA).
*Overall, the global VPN market is valued at $45 billion U.S. dollars in 2014 and forecast for $70 billion U.S. dollars in 2019 (Statista 2018).
DH2i Company is the leading provider of multi-platform Software Defined Perimeter and Smart Availability™ software for Windows and Linux. DH2i software products DxOdyssey™ and DxEnterprise® enable customers to create an entire IT infrastructure that is "always-secure and always-on." To learn more, please visit: www.dh2i.com, call: 800-380-5405 or +44 20 3318 9204, or email: [email protected].
** "IBM pays top dollar to dye Red Hat a hybrid shade of blue" 451 Research, October 29, 2018
©DH2i Company 2018. DH2i, Smart Availability, DxEnterprise, DxConsole, DxHADR, DxTransfer, DxCollect and InstanceMobility are trademarks of DH2i Company. All other brand or product names contained in this press release may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.