LOS ANGELES, Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IDG World Expo and Digital Media Wire today announced the launch of Digital Entertainment World (DEW), to be held at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los Angeles February 18-20, 2014. DEW is the first-ever global event marketplace for digital executives focused on the entire ecosystem of digital content creation to monetization.
The new three-day market and conference is the first venue connecting leading intellectual property rights holders from games, music, video and publishing to the entire digital value-chain of technology and service providers, digital distributors and device manufacturers, allowing them to build the partnerships necessary to create and monetize digital content across all significant platforms.
DEW website: www.dewexpo.com
"DEW is about the global ecosystem to monetize digital content from creation to distribution to consumer," said DEW Creator and Chair and DMW CEO, Ned Sherman. "The many multi-faceted content/technology relationships today are providing consumers with the most engaging, interactive and entertaining content in history, propelling a global market with digital revenue driving projected growth of more than $500 billion by 2017. For anyone waiting for a digital marketplace to emerge, the wait is over -- it's here."
DEW is assembling an impressive group of Founding Sponsors across industries including NBCUniversal, The Harry Fox Agency, Elastic Path Software, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, RSG Media, Interpret, Rixty and Ensequence and is bolstered by an Advisory Board that includes:
- Rick Cotton, Senior Counselor for IP Protection, NBCUniversal
- Doug Scott, President, Ogilvy Entertainment
- David Payne, Chief Digital Officer, Gannett
- Dan Porter, Head of Digital, William Morris Endeavor
- Peter Csathy, Chief Executive Officer, Manatt Digital Media Ventures
- Grant Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, Interpret
- Peter Low, Chief Executive Officer, Ensequence
- Terry McBride, Chief Executive Officer, Nettwerk Music Group
- Adam Besserman, Head of West Coast Development, Yahoo!
Other DEW speakers include:
- Thomas Gewecke, Chief Digital Officer, Warner Bros. Entertainment
- Phil Wiser, Chief Technology Officer, Hearst Corporation
- Rio Caraeff, Chief Executive Officer, VEVO
- Michael Simon, Chief Executive Officer, Harry Fox Agency
- Sal Visca, Chief Technology Officer, Elastic Path Software
- T. Hale Boggs, Chairman, Manatt Digital Media
- Julie Craft, Vice President, Business Development, Rixty
- Tim Connolly, Vice President, Digital Video Distribution, Disney and ESPN Media Networks
"DEW is unique in that it is the only B2B event about the complete digital ecosystem – not limited to vertical segments," said Mary Dolaher, Chief Executive Office, IDG World Expo. "If you are in any way involved with content creation, delivery of content to the consumer, and/or any piece of the entire commerce chain in between, we look forward to offering you an exclusive marketplace and learning experience specifically focused on connecting you with the people and information you need to succeed."
DEW will offer seven tracks showcasing approximately 300 speakers and more than 100 sessions, including five "View from the Top" discussions featuring C-Level executives from the leading companies and brands in entertainment, media and technology:
- The State of the Digital Union
- The State of Media and Publishing
- The State of TV, Film & Video Businesses
- The State of the Music Business
- The State of the Games Business
Session Highlights include:
- How Making Content Searchable, Findable and Shareable Helps to Monetize
- Creating New TV Monetization Opportunities through the Second Screen Experience
- The Tension between Traditional Movie Release Windows and Digital Revenue
- The Evolution of the Digital Commerce Value Chain
- In-Game Monetization Strategies
- New Advertising Models for Social and Connected TV
- Monetizing the Fan-Musician Connection
- Monetizing Content through Freemium Models
- Video Advertising Metrics and Models
- The Economics of Streaming and Downloads
Other Event Highlights include:
- The DEW Start-up Competition Sponsored by Manatt Digital Media
- Exclusive Research from Interpret and other Research Partners & Analysts
- DEW Summits including Digital Commerce Summit, Digital Copyright Summit and Digital Global Summit
- Four 3-Day Tracks covering Content Creation and Infrastructure; Distribution and Mobile; Social and Marketing; and Advertising and Monetization
- DEW Content Showcases with the most innovative new digital content projects followed by discussions with creative and business teams.
DEW will bring together digital-minded executives and professionals focused on monetizing digital content including: CEOs & Presidents, Founders, Investors, Chief Digital Officers, CTOs, CMOs, EVPs, SVPs, VPs, & Directors of Business Dev, Marketing & Sales, Brand Managers. Product Managers, Directors, Creative Directors and Creative Teams, Producers & Developers, Legal Counsel & Rights, Specialists, Media Executives, and Researchers & Analysts.
DEW is a joint venture between IDG World Expo, an award-winning producer of tradeshows and events including Macworld/iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), and The Game Marketing Summit, and Digital Media Wire, a media company that provides daily digital news and produces B2B events such as Future of Television, Digital Music Forum, LA Games Conference and NY Games Conference.
For information on limited sponsorship opportunities, please contact Giovanni Stein at IDG World Expo. If you are interested in speaking at the event, please visit http://www.dewexpo.com/speaker-submission-form.
Digital Entertainment World, a unique event focused on monetizing digital content, is the must attend B2B event and marketplace for global media and technology executives who want to evaluate the digital media landscape. This three-day event brings together leading industry executives from games, music, video, and publishing -- the entire digital content ecosystem. DEW is the place where content creators and owners, enabling technology providers, digital distributors and device manufacturers will connect to create the infrastructure and technology partnerships necessary to monetize digital content. For more information, please visit www.DEWExpo.com.
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is an award-winning producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, FutureM, BET Experience at L.A. Live, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), Macworld Mobile, and Digital Entertainment World. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
Digital Media Wire (www.dmwmedia.com) produces engaging and informative B2B conferences and events in four media verticals: video, games, publishing and music. DMW's portfolio includes: Future of Television, Future of Film, Digital Music Forum, LA Games Conference, NY Games Conference, Disruptive Media Conference and Digital Media Conference. Participants include entrepreneurs and senior decision-makers at leading media, entertainment and technology companies, investment bankers, venture capitalists, advertisers, educators, policy-makers and legal professionals. DMW has one of the largest and most engaged and senior-level communities in the digital media industry.
SOURCE IDG World Expo