NEW YORK, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dimension Data, the $5.8 billion global ICT solutions and services provider, today announced that it has won the 2013 Helios Apollo Award for its dedication to employee development and engagement programs. The award is given every year to organizations in the greater Washington, D.C. area that demonstrate innovative employee leadership and development programs. Dimension Data won in the Pente category for organizations with more than 700 employees.
"This award underscores Dimension Data's ongoing dedication to our professional education, training and development programs," said Denise Messineo, senior vice president of Human Resources at Dimension Data. "Continuously advancing learning opportunities − from upgrades to Dimension Data University, such as making it mobile for today's on-the-go work environment, to enabling greater collaboration among our employees and the community − is crucial for employees' individual success, as well as that of Dimension Data, our partners and our clients."
Finalists competed against organizations of similar size in six main award categories: Ena, Thio, Tria, Tessera and Pente. Additionally, a category was opened this year for charitable non-profits, the Hercules Award. Given the strength of the 2013 nominations, awards were also announced to recognize specific accomplishments: Opa for a unique program, Prometheus for innovation, Harmonia for community impact and Zeus for overall achievement.
"Apollo participants demonstrate enlightened leadership with programs and practices in employee development significantly exceeding those of the national average. I encourage you to congratulate them," said Kathy Albarado, CEO of Helios HR.
Dimension Data was specifically recognized for the following programs:
- Dimension Data University: An e-learning environment offering development programs to help ensure employees can continue to develop their skills, including: sales techniques, personal and business effectiveness, leadership and management, solutions and services, vendor certification and project management skills.
- Dimension Data University mobile application: Enabling employees to train and learn regardless of where they are located. The application provides e-learning opportunities for mobile devices, and gives employees universal access to videos, podcasts, playbooks and other documents.
- Interactive career portal: Provides a visual representation of every position in the company. Employees are able to view recommended career paths and look at detailed requirements and skills for each job.
- Leadership development program: A two-week leadership immersion program at Rollins College focused on team building, managing change, emotional intelligence, ethics, listening and strategy.
- Leadership forum: Provides mentorship opportunities for less experienced employees who have shown potential for advancement to leadership roles in the future.
- Heads, Hearts and Hands corporate social responsibility (CSR) program: Employees are allocated eight hours of CSR time each year to support the company's communities and the environment. More than 400 employees participated in the Heads, Hearts and Hands programs in their respective communities in 2012.
Helios honored the finalists and announced the winners at the Apollo Awards breakfast ceremony on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at the McLean Hilton in McLean, Va. with nearly 500 Washington, D.C.-area leaders in attendance.
About Dimension Data
Founded in 1983, Dimension Data plc is an ICT services and solutions provider that uses its technology expertise, global service delivery capability, and entrepreneurial spirit to accelerate the business ambitions of its clients. Dimension Data is a member of the NTT Group. Visit us at www.dimensiondata.com/na and www.facebook.com/DimensionDataAmericas or follow us on Twitter: @DimensionDataAM.
About Helios Apollo Awards
Now celebrating its 7th year, the Helios Apollo Awards honor organizations that focus on the future by promoting employee development and engagement practices to achieve their overall business goals. To learn more about the Apollo Awards or view a list of the past and present winners, please visit www.helioshr.com.
About Helios HR
Helios provides human capital management consulting, outsourcing and recruiting solutions to attract, retain, develop and engage an organization's "core" – its people.
SOURCE Dimension Data