DENVER, Nov. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- DispatchHealth, a leading provider of mobile and virtual health care, today launched a free iPhone app to give patients even more ways to access convenient, high-quality acute care in the comfort of their home, office or in the location of need. Serving the nation's second-fastest growing market, DispatchHealth is innovating the Denver healthcare landscape as an extension of a patient's care team and offering services from flu shots to minor fractures to suturing to advanced blood laboratory testing all from the comfort of your home.
The launch of its new iPhone app, downloadable in the iTunes store, is just in time for the holiday season – a time of year tinged with unique issues that can unnecessarily pull patients away from special gatherings to wait in an emergency room or urgent care clinic.
"The DispatchHealth medical team have all worked in emergency rooms over the holidays, and while there is a need for those facilities to provide emergency care to patients who require it, ERs also see a wide range of situations that could be treated at home," said Dr. Mark Prather, CEO, DispatchHealth. "Our team has been welcomed to 50th wedding anniversaries, backyard family football matchups, and numerous home kitchens where we've been able to return the patient to his or her best state of health without the inconvenience or expense of an ER visit."
DispatchHealth is open regular hours (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.) everyday, including holidays, something to keep in mind for meal prep mishaps and even out-of-town guests facing altitude sickness.
DispatchHealth is contracted with all major payers in Colorado and bills insurance directly for the care provided. Those currently without insurance will see a flat rate of $195 for their complete onsite care.
Accessible via phone, website and now the free iPhone app, DispatchHealth care teams are centrally located in downtown Denver, making inquiry response even more convenient and timely.
How to Access / Request the DispatchHealth Service
While the return of the house call is new for today's healthcare consumer, care confidence was established by the DispatchHealth team with a pilot since 2013. Providing care to over 400 people over the past 18 months, the team has saved the healthcare system over $1 million and has reached a Net Promoter Score of 93, far above the average in the healthcare industry. Importantly, less than 2 percent of cases faced a readmission to the emergency department or hospital for the same or related medical issue as well.
DispatchHealth makes care more convenient for patients with:
- Care at the Consumer's Place of Need: Make care requests at the office, home, soccer field or special event
- Extended hours: The DispatchHealth team provides care from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., 365 days a year, including holidays – so, acute Thanksgiving medical concerns can be addressed in the home as opposed to the ER
- Fast Service: Downtown Denver based, the medical providers at DispatchHealth are centrally located to better serve the metro area in a timely manner, far better when compared to waiting 4 hours on average for an ER visit
- Partnered with Primary Care Providers: Centura Health, the region's healthcare leader, in a first-of-its-kind partnership to deliver convenient, high-quality acute care and primary care extension, works with DispatchHealth to provide care in the comfort of a consumer's home, at work or in the location of need
- Accessible via All Modalities: Immediate care requests can be placed during office hours, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., using the smartphone app, the website or by dialing 303-500-1518
- Contracted with Insurers: DispatchHealth is contracted with all major payers, and costs depend on the care administered. Uninsured patients will receive a flat $195 rate.
"While the majority of our inquiries usually relate to an immediate acute need, we do service several appointment requests should the patient need to coordinate around schedules, appointments, errands and even childcare," said Prather. "Everything we do is about serving the patient when and where he or she has need, and then circling back with the primary care team to ensure best outcomes."
Dispatch Health delivers care through multiple channels, including local municipalities and 911-first response systems, health systems, employers and payers, and senior care facilities. They recently announced partnerships with Christian Living Communities, a Colorado-based senior facility portfolio, and Centura Health, the area's largest healthcare network.
An Android app is planned to follow by the end of the year. DispatchHealth is actively exploring the next markets for expansion, and plans to increase its footprint in early 2016.
DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare through a unique on-demand mobile, onsite, acute-care delivery model that is high tech and low cost. DispatchHealth delivers care through multiple channels, including local municipalities and 911-first response systems, health systems, in partnership with employers, payers, and for senior care facilities. The veteran leadership team at DispatchHealth brings together the best startup, clinical and engineering skills to execute on this unique business model. For more information, visit www.DispatchHealth.com.