ANDOVER, Mass., Aug. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In conjunction with District Administration, Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, will be hosting a live webcast on Thursday, August 11, at 2 p.m. EDT that will focus on how K-12 education organizations can manage network security in a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) environment.
WHAT: In conjunction with District Administration, Enterasys is hosting a panel discussion with IT professionals from two K-12 education customers to talk about the BYOD phenomenon and the new challenges it presents to education network administrators. Topics to be covered include:
- How official BYOD programs can lower IT costs, increase student and staff satisfaction and contribute to 1:1 educational computing.
- How districts can maintain CIPA compliance and boundary control in the face of 3G Internet access and personal and external WiFi hotspots.
- How to design a security architecture that enables device flexibility.
- How network administrators can enforce registration, control and differentiation of services by user, device and location.
WHO: "Network security in a bring-your-own-device environment" with participants:
- Jonathan Kidwell, K-12 Specialist for Enterasys networks
- Keith Obermeier, technology specialist for Jackson Local School District in Ohio
- Lynne Stamm-Sullivan, director of Technology for Paul VI High School in New Jersey
WHERE: To view the webcast, participants may register at the following link: http://bit.ly/quddyF
WHEN: 2 p.m. EDT, Thursday, August 11
Please log on 5-10 minutes prior to the start time
NOTE: A replay will be available for the webcast for 90 days at the following URL: http://bit.ly/quddyF
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a premier provider of end-to-end enterprise communications, including voice, network infrastructure and security solutions that use open, standards-based unified communications and business applications for a seamless collaboration experience. This award-winning "Open Communications" approach enables organizations to improve productivity and reduce costs through easy-to-deploy solutions that work within existing IT environments, delivering operational efficiencies. It is the foundation for the company's OpenPath® commitment that enables customers to mitigate risk and cost-effectively adopt unified communications. Jointly owned by The Gores Group and Siemens AG, Siemens Enterprise Communications includes Cycos and Enterasys Networks. For more information about Siemens Enterprise Communications or Enterasys please visit www.siemens-enterprise.com or www.enterasys.com.
SOURCE Enterasys Networks