AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Nov. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- Each Dodge Challenger SRT Demon comes with a collectible leather-bound track tech manual written by the editors of Hot Rod magazine
- Demon Authentication Package, available at a U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $1, includes a carbon-fiber Certicard, as well as individual build sheets packaged in a hermetically sealed sleeve placed inside an archive portfolio, designed to manage and protect all original Challenger SRT Demon documents
- Available personalized satin stretch indoor custom car cover matches each owner's paint scheme and has their chosen name embroidered on it for a U.S. MSRP of $695
- Available personalized Demon Crate, including all of the necessary performance parts to unleash the full potential 840 horsepower, available for a U.S. MSRP of $1
- Rear-seat Delete Package designed to retrofit Challenger SRT Demons ordered with rear seat option, available exclusively through Mopar
- Demon Street Tire Package for customers who want to keep their drag radials fresh for track use only, available exclusively through Mopar
- Available Demon-licensed parts include Speedlogix's four-point harness bar and Racelogic's new Demon exclusive VBOX Video HD2 data logger and in-car camera system
The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is out and is soon to be heading to a drag strip near you. Dodge//SRT started shipping the most powerful muscle car in history on Nov. 10, 2017.
Just 3,300 customers (3,000 in the United States, 300 in Canada) will receive a limited-production, 840-horsepower 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon — the industry's first and only purpose-built, street-legal production drag car. Certified by the National Hot Rod Association as the world's fastest quarter-mile production vehicle with an elapsed time of 9.65 seconds at 140 miles per hour, the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is capable of achieving 0-60 mph in 2.3 seconds and is the first-ever production car to achieve a front-wheel lift as certified by Guinness World Records.
"The people who bought a Dodge Challenger SRT Demon are performance enthusiasts to the core, and having a custom car with accessories that improve overall performance is critical," said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars, Dodge//SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA North America. "With that passion for both performance and their new limited-production Demon in mind, we've pulled together a collection of materials designed to help them learn about, track, protect and maintain the newest member of the family. These accessories are designed to build on the exclusivity and future collectability of this limited-production car."
In the quest for absolute drag strip domination, engineers reviewed every part and piece of the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon to ensure it provides the ultimate in performance. That quest continued on to the development of accessories.
Standard one-of-a-kind Challenger SRT Demon leather-bound track tech manual adds to collectability
Every Demon owner will receive a collectible leather-bound track tech manual written by the editors of Hot Rod magazine. The collector's book details all of the technical components of the quickest, most powerful muscle car in history and instructs owners on how to set-up their cars for the track.
Demon Authentication Package available for $1
Having documentation that tracks every stage of each individual Demon build adds to the vehicle's collectability. Each owner can get the 12 individual build sheets that track the build of their specific car packaged in a hermetically sealed sleeve designed to manage and protect these important Challenger SRT Demon documents, as well as a carbon-fiber Certicard; available for $1 as part of Demon Authentication Package.
The Demon Authentication Package includes:
- Build Sheets (12 per car): These authentic production build sheets document each Challenger SRT Demon's unique configuration and detail every inch of each vehicle's assembly
- Carbon-fiber Certicard: This card certifies each owner of the fastest quarter-mile production car in the world. The exclusive real carbon-fiber card features the owner's name, vehicle VIN, serial number and production option(s) sales codes
- Archive Portfolio: Provides safekeeping of all original Challenger SRT Demon documents
Custom Personalized Demon Car Cover available to protect Demon when it's not on the track
Custom tailored to fit the dimensions of the Demon, the satin stretch indoor cover matches a customer's Challenger SRT Demon paint scheme and has their chosen name embroidered above the driver's door. This car cover is available to each Dodge Challenger SRT Demon owner at a U.S. MSRP of $695.
Demon Crate available for a U.S. MSRP of $1
After vehicle delivery, each Challenger SRT Demon buyer also has the opportunity to unleash the Demon's 840 horsepower, 770 lb.-ft. of torque and full potential at the drag strip with the exclusive, personalized Demon Crate and the full array of parts it holds. Available for just $1, the Demon Crate is personalized with the buyer's name, VIN and serial number.
The Demon Crate contains:
- Direct Connection Performance Parts:
- Performance powertrain control module with high-octane engine calibration
- Replacement switch module containing high-octane button
- Conical performance air filter
- Passenger mirror block-off plate
- Narrow, front-runner drag wheels
- Demon-branded track tools:
- Hydraulic floor jack with carrying bag
- Cordless impact wrench with charger
- Torque wrench with extension and socket
- Tire pressure gauge
- Fender cover
- Tool bag
- Foam case that fits into the SRT Demon trunk and securely holds the front runner wheels and track tools
Rear-seat Delete Package available exclusively through Mopar (late availability)
Available through Mopar exclusively for Dodge Challenger SRT Demon owners who configured a Demon with the available $1 rear seats, the Rear-seat Delete Package (part number 82215918) allows them to remove the rear seat when heading to the track. The Rear-seat Delete Package includes seatback closeout panel, Demon seatback panel bezel, lower seat tray with cargo net, seat belt delete C-pillar covers and rear packaging shelf to cover the tether holes.
Demon Street Tire Package available for extended on-road driving (late availability)
Available through Mopar exclusively for Dodge Challenger SRT Demon owners who want to keep their drag radials fresh for track use only, the Demon Street Tire Package (part number 82215919) includes a set of four lightweight forged 20x11-inch Devil's Rim wheels (stock wheel for Hellcat Widebody) and are delivered ready to bolt onto the vehicle with Pirelli 305/35ZR20 performance tires mounted and balanced with Tire Pressure Monitoring System sensors.
Speedlogix four-point harness bar available for the track
Dodge Challenger SRT Demon owners can purchase a new four-point harness bar, available through Speedlogix, for use while at the track. In its standard configuration, the Demon's rear seat is deleted and mounting points are made accessible, making it easy for customers to install the bar without cutting or drilling.
Exclusive Dodge Demon VBOX Video HD2 system logs data, records runs in real-time
Owners also now have a new real-time precision tool available to prove how their muscle car dominates at the drag strip. Available through Racelogic, the producer of the industry standard VBOX systems, is the exclusive Dodge Demon VBOX Video HD2 data logger and in-car camera system.
Featuring a 10-Hertz GPS system synchronized with video capture capability to display and track real-time vehicle performance information, the Demon VBOX Video HD2 system tracks the following:
- 60-, 330-, 660-, 1,000-feet, quarter-mile and 0-60 mph elapsed times
- Accelerator/brake use
- Gear selection
- Engine RPM
- Vehicle speed
- G-force reading from launch
- Wheel slip
- Air temperature
- Launch Control activation
- TransBrake activation
The Demon VBOX HD2 Video system is exclusively available to Challenger SRT Demon buyers and is customized with the buyer's name, VIN and serial number on a personalized metal ID badge on the harness bar mounting bracket and the black carrying case.
Dodge//SRT offers a complete lineup of performance vehicles that stand out in their own segments. Dodge is FCA North America's mainstream performance brand, and SRT is positioned as the ultimate performance halo of the Dodge brand, together creating a complete and balanced performance brand with one vision and one voice.
For more than 100 years, the Dodge brand has carried on the spirit of brothers John and Horace Dodge, who founded the company in 1914. Their influence continues today. New for 2018, the 840-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, the fastest quarter-mile production car in the world and most powerful muscle car ever, is taking the world by storm, along with the new 2018 Dodge Durango SRT, America's fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV, and the 707-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody. These new SRT ultimate performance models join a brand lineup that includes the Durango, Grand Caravan, Journey, Charger and Challenger, including the 707-horsepower Challenger SRT Hellcat and the Charger SRT Hellcat, the quickest, fastest and most powerful sedan in the world.
Follow Dodge, SRT and FCA US news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Company website: www.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.fcanorthamerica.com
Dodge brand: www.dodge.com
Dodge blog: blog.dodge.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/dodge or https://www.facebook.com/FiatChrysler.NorthAmerica/
Instagram: www.instagram.com/dodgeofficial or www.instagram.com/FiatChrysler_NA
Twitter: www.twitter.com/dodge or www.twitter.com/FiatChrysler_NA
YouTube: www.youtube.com/dodge or www.youtube.com/fcanorthamerica
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dodgesrt-officially-unleashes-the-demon-new-840-horsepower-2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon-customer-cars-begin-shipping-to-dealers-300553929.html
SOURCE FCA US LLC