SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Druva today announced a new private cloud deployment option for Druva inSync, the award-winning unified endpoint data management platform that controls and protects data on devices used by mobile workforces. Designed specifically for large enterprises, Druva Private Cloud extends inSync's endpoint protection capabilities to organizations that require the elasticity, multi-tenancy and flexibility of the cloud along with the security, compliance and cost advantages of hosting infrastructure behind the company firewall. It can be managed by in-house IT staff or delivered as a managed service by Druva.
inSync provides a four-in-one endpoint data management strategy that protects corporate information assets against the risks of the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) movement and the widespread use of consumer-grade file sharing while also providing secure remote file access and a complete audit trail of all file sharing activity. The inSync platform integrates:
- Automated backup of laptops, smartphones and tablets
- Secure file sharing with enterprise-grade security and policy enforcement
- Data loss prevention with data encryption, device geo-tracking and remote data delete
- Full reporting and global search with centralized visibility of all content and file exchange
In Druva's new private cloud architecture, a single cloud master can connect with any number of storage nodes deployed globally. The single cloud master handles authentication and policy management for all devices and users across the enterprise, including automatically directing the client to the appropriate storage node for backup. Each storage node in turn is configured to store backed-up data on the enterprise's DAS or SAN for protection.
Benefits of this new inSync option include:
- Suitability for large enterprises with on-premise deployment requirements arising from cultural, regulatory, security or control needs
- Unique on-demand scalability for both storage and servers, eliminating the compute bottleneck that occurs with solutions requiring the addition of multiple attached storages to a single server
- Centralized management of users, devices, storages and policies across all storage nodes
- Reduced costs enabled by use of in-house hardware and avoidance of public cloud fees for rapidly expanding data stores
- A comprehensive managed service option, including hardware sizing, installation, mass deployment, integration, training and monitoring by Druva's managed services team
These benefits are in addition to inSync's core advantage of providing four endpoint protection tools in a single integrated platform, including consolidated endpoint policy management across all devices and users, global de-duplication across backup and file sharing, and a single client experience across all endpoint data for end users. A recent Ponemon Institute study calculated that this unified strategy can save enterprises more than $8,100 (£5100) per user every year by eliminating point solutions, reducing storage and bandwidth requirements, increasing end user productivity, and avoiding data loss with associated remediation costs.
Druva Private Cloud has been successfully tested by organizations with up to 20,000 endpoints and is now in general release.
"We need to backup more than 2,100 laptops and desktops in 31 locations. Centralized management is imperative because of our endpoint numbers and distributed geography," said Alper Arpacıoglu, Technology Enterprise IT Support for AVEA, a leading mobile operator in Turkey. "Druva inSync's private cloud option allows us to meet both our on-premise and one-stop management needs while also giving us access to inSync features like de-duplication, LAN & WAN optimization, enterprise scalability and mass deployment that are critical because of our size."
"Larger enterprises with thousands of devices and users have been asking for a private cloud alternative that is as scalable, secure, manageable and elastic as Druva's public cloud solution," said Jaspreet Singh, CEO of Druva. "Now they can leverage the power of the cloud in an on-premise, centrally managed environment that scales with their needs while avoiding the complications of deploying separate instances in different departments and geographies."
For more information, visit www.druva.com/insync/
Druva offers a full suite of endpoint data management solutions for enterprise laptops, PCs, smartphones, and tablets. Its flagship product, inSync, empowers an enterprise's mobile workforce with award-winning backup, IT-managed file sharing, data loss prevention, and rich analytics. Deployed in public or private cloud scenarios or on-premise, inSync is the only solution built with both IT needs and end-user experiences in mind. Druva has over 1,500 customers and protects one million endpoints across 46 countries. With offices in the United States, India and the United Kingdom, Druva is privately held and is backed by Nexus Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital. Information on Druva is available at www.druva.com.