DETROIT, Sept. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- DTE Energy plans to issue Requests for Proposals (RFP) to add energy efficient programs to its electric profile.
Detroit Edison, DTE Energy's electric utility, is seeking bids from qualified Michigan energy efficiency implementation vendors to provide energy-saving programs for two of the company's programs: ENERGYSTAR and Commercial & Industrial.
DTE Energy is seeking to increase the adoption of high efficiency ENERGYSTAR products through retail markets. In addition, the products will have more exposure to customers and better placement in stores, through market support of retailers.
The RFP for the ENERGYSTAR program is designed to do the following:
- Influence customers to purchase efficient lighting products, such as CFLs and LEDs, in order to save energy and money
- Influence the purchase of qualified ENERGYSTAR appliances by providing online and mail-in rebates
- Provide retailers marketing support to increase awareness of energy efficient lighting and appliances through associate training, point of purchase signage and in-store events
- Overcome market barriers of price, retailer participation and lack of awareness and knowledge of the benefits of energy efficient products
- Ensure that the customer participation process is clear and easy to understand for the customer
For the Commercial & Industrial program, DTE Energy wants to increase awareness and adoption of energy efficient measures by offering incentives for business customers who upgrade their facilities with energy efficient equipment. The program offers comprehensive incentives for the installation of energy efficient measures, thereby motivating commercial and industrial customers to select high-efficiency equipment when making purchasing decisions.
The RFP for the Commercial & Industrial program is designed to do the following:
- Provide incentives to facility owners and operators for the installation of high efficiency equipment and controls
- Provide the necessary knowledge and market demand to justify the marketing of high efficiency measures by electrical contractors, mechanical contractors and their distributors
- Ensure that the participation process is clear, easy to understand and simple
- Overcome market barriers of price, lack of awareness and knowledge of the benefits of energy efficient products
All implementation contractors interested in receiving more information about the RFPs should send their contact information via email to ENERGYOP@dteenergy.com no later than Friday, Sept. 23, 2011.
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy (NYSE : DTE ) is a Detroit-based diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Its operating units include Detroit Edison, an electric utility serving 2.1 million customers in Southeastern Michigan; MichCon, a natural gas utility serving 1.2 million customers in Michigan; and other non-utility energy businesses focused on gas storage and pipelines, unconventional gas production, power and industrial projects, and energy trading.
SOURCE DTE Energy