DETROIT, April 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- DTE Energy's award-winning energy savings app – DTE Insight – has launched a new budget feature that will help customers control their energy use and reduce bills. The new technology lets customers set an energy budget target and see how they are trending towards their goal. Additionally, the app offers the ability for customers to view the daily energy cost, and receive notifications when they are approaching usage or budget targets.
"We're always working to make the DTE Insight app experience better, and more useful," said Joel Miller, DTE Insight program manager. "When customers asked for budget-monitoring functionality from the app – we listened and delivered. The app navigation is also more user-friendly, including new 'swipe' functionality, allowing a customer to quickly move from one screen to the next when browsing energy and budget data."
- Electricity and Natural Gas Insight: View electric usage in a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual format.
- Natural gas usage data is available for customers with both DTE electric and natural gas service.
- New! Energy Budget: Ability to set and monitor an energy budget aligned to a billing cycle.
- New! Push Notifications: Opt-in notifications or messages, directly from the app, aligned with usage or budget targets.
- Energy Bridge: This device, when connected to the app, communicates directly with the smart meter to obtain real-time energy data.
- Energy Tips & Projects: Personalized energy efficiency projects with step-by -step instructions.
- PowerScan: View electrical appliances' monthly operating costs by scanning the power cord with an iPhone.
- Product Comparisons: Compare ENERGY STAR appliances.
DTE leads the energy industry in the development and adoption of customer-centric energy management tools. Currently, more than 155,000 DTE customers have downloaded the app, and more than 33,000 have requested an energy bridge to accompany it. Customers using the DTE Insight app features and energy bridge together are reducing their energy usage by as much as 10 percent per month.
"The DTE Insight app is a huge hit with more than 155,000 downloads," said Dave Meador, DTE Energy vice chairman and chief administrative officer. "We are very excited about the progress we're making with the app, and will continue working to expand the value it offers our customers."
The new budget-tracking functionality is now available on iOS and Android devices. DTE customers with an iPhone, Apple Watch, or Android phone, and have the smart meter, can go to the App Store or Google Play to download the app today. To request an energy bridge, go to the app's menu and select tools. Learn more about the app by watching this video or visit our website.
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy (NYSE: DTE) is a Detroit-based diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Its operating units include an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan and a natural gas utility serving 1.2 million customers in Michigan. The DTE Energy portfolio includes non-utility energy businesses focused on power and industrial projects, natural gas pipelines, gathering and storage, and energy marketing and trading. As one of Michigan's leading corporate citizens, DTE Energy is a force for growth and prosperity in the 450 Michigan communities it serves in a variety of ways, including philanthropy, volunteerism and economic progress. Information about DTE Energy is available at dteenergy.com, twitter.com/dte_energy and facebook.com/dteenergy.
SOURCE DTE Energy