PALO ALTO, Calif., Dec. 20, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Several U.S. Postal Service® innovations – designed to improve the efficiency and expense of business shipping – go into effect Sunday, Jan. 2, 2011. DYMO Endicia, the leader in Postage Technologies with over $5 billion in postage printed and more than 25 years of experience in the postal industry, will host a series of free webinars designed to provide customers with specific details of the new Postal Service™ offerings and ways customers can leverage the new services to benefit business.
"The new U.S. Postal Service enhancements could give businesses significant cost savings and added value compared to other shipping carriers, especially when used in conjunction with DYMO Endicia's solutions," said Amine Khechfe, general manager, DYMO Endicia. "We look forward to sharing the good news and explaining the details during our free webinars."
Among the U.S. Postal Service innovations, a few highlights that DYMO Endicia will discuss during the webinars include:
- Reduced Minimum Volume Thresholds for Commercial Plus™ customers
- Discounted pricing for Priority Mail® packages and Express Mail® at lower cumulative shipping and mailing volumes than previous years
- New, lower volume threshold for discounted pricing on Priority Mail® letters and flats
- Priority Mail Regional Rate Box™ package and pricing service for Commercial Base™ and Commercial Plus customers
- Cost-effective, zone-based pricing regardless of weight (maximum weight limits apply)
- Available in two sizes (each with front- and side-loading capability), holding up to 15 and 20 pounds, respectively
- Critical Mail™ service for Commercial Plus customers
- Offers fast, consistent, in-transit service for time sensitive documents such as event tickets, identification cards and high-value direct mail pieces
- Includes free Delivery Confirmation™ service
To educate customers on all of the enhancements taking effect, and other ways the U.S. Postal Service® can help them save money and time on shipping, DYMO Endicia will host free, one-hour educational webinars on the following dates/times:
- Tuesday, December 21, at noon EST
- Wednesday, December 22, at 2:00 p.m. EST
- Monday, December 27, at 6:00 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, December 29, at 11:00 a.m. EST
- Tuesday, January 4, at 4:00 p.m. EST
A full webinar schedule is available at www.endicia.com/support/webinars.
U.S. Postal Service®, Postal Service™, Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Regional Rate Box™, Express Mail®, Commercial Plus™, Commercial Base™, Delivery Confirmation™ and Critical Mail™ are among the many trademarks of the United States Postal Service®.
About DYMO Endicia
DYMO Endicia provides trusted, convenient and affordable online shipping and mailing solutions. DYMO Endicia is the leader in Postage Technologies with over $5 billion in postage printed and more than 25 years of postal industry experience. For more information on DYMO Endicia products and services, visit www.endicia.com. Follow DYMO Endicia on Twitter @endicia.
About DYMO and Newell Rubbermaid Global Technology Solutions
DYMO is the master brand name for the Newell Rubbermaid Global Technology Solutions portfolio. In a world that demands greater productivity and measures it at every opportunity, DYMO provides businesses, educational institutions and consumers with innovative and easy ways to share manage and organize information with improved efficiency and satisfaction.
Our DYMO global technology brands are organized into four solutions:
- DYMO® Labeling Solutions include DYMO hand-held label makers, PC connected label and postage printers, plus Industrial labeling tools (www.dymo.com).
- DYMO™ CardScan® Contact Management Solutions include CardScan business card scanners and contact management software (www.cardscan.com).
- DYMO™ Endicia® Postage Technology Solutions include Endicia online shipping and mailing services (www.endicia.com), as well as customized postage (www.pictureitpostage.com).
- DYMO / Mimio® ITT (Interactive Teaching Technology) include Mimio interactive whiteboard technology, digital ink recorders, document cameras, student response systems and engaging lesson plan content (www.mimio.com).
These global technology brands complement Newell Rubbermaid's strong portfolio of global brands, which also includes Rubbermaid®, Sharpie®, Graco®, Calphalon®, Irwin®, Lenox®, Levolor®, Paper Mate®, Waterman®, Parker®, Goody®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products® and Aprica®.
SOURCE DYMO Endicia