CHICAGO, Oct. 3, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Relativity, developers of the industry-leading e-discovery software, today announced Deloitte, Bricker & Eckler, and Clayton Utz are the winners of the 2018 Relativity Innovation Awards at the ninth annual Relativity Fest.
The Relativity Innovation Awards annually celebrate organizations that build applications and integrations to streamline common e-discovery processes, extend the functionality of Relativity, and help its more than 180,000 global users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it.
Category winners were:
- Deloitte, Best Innovation: Solution Provider for their FOIA app, which combined Relativity's data processing, analytics, technology-assisted review, and redaction functionality in a unique FOIA processing workflow. Deloitte's FOIA clients saw 50 to 150 percent increases in efficiency and accuracy with the app.
- Bricker & Eckler, Best Innovation: Law Firm or Corporation for Petition Analyzer, a highly-automated app to review petition signatures and track projections for valid/invalid signatures on an 'election-style' county map of Ohio. This is the second win for Bricker & Eckler, which won Best Innovation in 2017 for their Land Tracker app.
- Clayton Utz, Best Innovation: Community Choice for Provisor, an app designed to meet significant regulatory requirements to capture all relevant duplicates for different notices from client-provided load files. Provisor has helped increase client satisfaction and efficiency while reducing client cost by 75 percent.
"It's a privilege to congratulate Deloitte, Bricker & Eckler, and Clayton Utz on their Best Innovation awards," said Drew Deitch, senior manager for strategic partnerships at Relativity. "Our winners this year solved unique challenges in e-discovery and beyond and made an impact for our shared customers and end users. Our judges had their work cut out, because this year our community seriously raised the level of creativity, sophistication, and complexity of their Relativity solutions."
The Solution Provider and Law Firm or Corporation winners were chosen by a panel of judges that included Kelly Twigger, principal at ESI Attorneys; Dera Nevin, senior associate for international commercial at Baker McKenzie; and Joy Murao, founder and principal consultant at Practice Aligned Resources. Community Choice was decided by a vote open to the entire e-discovery community.
Four individual awards were awarded this year for the first time to recognize legal technology champions and Relativity advocates. The winners were:
- Joy Murao, founder and principal consultant at Practice Aligned Resources, for the Stellar Women in e-Discovery award, for inspiring others to "step out and pay it forward" while finding innovative solutions for clients' legal practice challenges.
- Tessa Jacob, senior counsel at Husch Blackwell, for the Attorney Tech Evangelist award, for broad legal technology expertise, e-discovery law fluency, and dedication to legal education.
- Emma Young, director at Consilio, for the Lit Support All-Star award, for training her attorney clients to use Relativity Analytics and excellent leadership and expertise on specific client matters.
- Peg Gianuca, e-discovery technical solutions manager at The Walt Disney Company and adjunct instructor at UCLA, for the Academic Innovator of the Year award, for showing extraordinary dedication to bringing technology into legal education.
Winners for these awards were chosen by community vote, except for Academic Innovator of the Year, which was awarded by a Relativity committee.
The Relativity Innovation Awards ceremony immediately preceded the closing keynote for Relativity Fest, capping the conference which was held from September 30 to October 3 in Chicago. Relativity Fest is a chance for members of the e-discovery community to learn more about the platform and celebrate how visionary partners, like submitters to the Innovation Awards, help those in the industry – and beyond – find the truth in their data faster.
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by thousands of organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects. Relativity has over 180,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and 198 of the Am Law 200. RelativityOne offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Relativity has been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years. Please contact Relativity at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.relativity.com for more information.
Relativity Media Contact
Public Relations Manager
+1 (312) 216-5951