SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- E2 (http://www.e2conf.com) produced by UBM Tech, partnered with Nemertes Research in a ground-breaking study designed to understand the rise of next-gen application strategies for small, medium and large enterprises.
E2 provides mission critical thought leadership, educational workshops, vibrant customer examples and rich networking opportunities for businesses and technologists transitioning to the next wave of social, mobile, productivity and collaboration solutions. E2 Innovate-Silicon Valley is taking place this week, November 12-15, at the Santa Clara Convention Center.
"We're excited to partner with Nemertes Research," said Paige Finkelman, E2 General Manager. "Research like this allows us to understand what's on the minds of innovative next-gen companies and deliver ideas and solutions to address those needs."
Social and mobile are major drivers for custom enterprise development
- Nearly half of all respondents have plans to develop, or are evaluating, custom applications for social tools by 2014.
- 1 in 4 are planning custom applications for their mobile initiatives by 2015. Much of this due to the increasing ubiquity and importance of mobility for companies.
- Three-quarters--75%--are planning to conduct analytics on social data by 2014, with 34% actively monitoring their social analytics today.
Collaboration between IT and line-of-business is increasing
- 54% say their IT teams are working more closely with their line of business teams to collaborate on defining future tools and environments.
Yet half of all IT organizations aren't ready
- Roughly 50% of organizations say they are not yet equipped to manage, secure, or monitor these new applications.
"Custom mobile and social applications are increasingly critical for companies facing the next wave of software and information innovation," said Johna Till Johnson, President & Founder, Nemertes Research.
The study was conducted in October 2012. Responses from more than 140 participants responsible for implementation, management, and strategy or organizations across 16 vertical industries were gathered and analyzed by Nemertes and E2.
About Nemertes Research
Nemertes Research is a research-advisory and strategic-consulting firm that specializes in analyzing and quantifying the business value of emerging technologies. You can learn more about Nemertes Research at our Website, www.nemertes.com.
E2, formerly known as the Enterprise 2.0 Conference, is a UBM Tech brand providing enterprises with the knowledge needed to work smarter and innovate more quickly. The E2 flagship event held annually in Boston, and scheduled for June 17-19 2013, navigates the corporate shift to social, mobile and collaborative business for the next-generation enterprise that enable them to accelerate information, productivity and revenue. E2 also offers monthly webcasts, virtual events, and the online publication BrainYard.com, intelligence for the social enterprise. Like, or follow E2 on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. For pictures from E2 check our Flickr page
SOURCE UBM Tech