GENEVA, May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EBACE -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) will be highlighting the operational benefits and momentum of its Retrofit, Modification and Upgrade (RMU) technologies at this year's EBACE show in Geneva (May 21–23).
Having recently completed the first delivery to the Middle East of its all-digital, full-High Definition (HD) Ovation Select Cabin Management System (CMS) on a Boeing Business Jet (BBJ), Honeywell is currently fitting the system on TAG Aviation's new Bombardier Global 6000 aircraft in partnership with Jet Aviation St. Louis. Delivery of the aircraft is expected in 2014.
EBACE attendees can experience a fully functioning mockup of the FAA and EASA-certified Ovation Select system, which is scalable and customizable to retrofit any business jet, during the show at Honeywell's booth (#487 Hall 6).
In addition, operators flying Honeywell's C-Series CMS can now take advantage of a new system refresh by Honeywell that brings full HD to their cabins. The upgrade enables C-Series users to take advantage of HD video and audio from onboard music, Blu-ray and PlayStation hardware for the first time to dramatically enhance the passenger experience.
As well as cabin retrofits and upgrades, Honeywell is announcing and showcasing several other avionics upgrades at EBACE including the following:
- A new range of SMART upgrades with discount pricing for the Cessna Citation X to improve navigation, pilot situational awareness, connectivity and safety. Upgrades include FMS 6.1, satcom and the newly EASA-certified Primus Elite glass cockpit and SmartLanding and SmartRunway safety upgrades. Customers will be able to take advantage of discount pricing for the duration of the show by visiting Honeywell's booth #487 or Cessna's booth #7091.
- FAA and EASA certification of Honeywell's Primus Epic-based EASy II flight deck for Dassault Falcon F2000 and F7X aircraft. EASy II offers operators a natural upgrade path for their EASy avionics that brings the latest safety applications to the cockpit, including Honeywell's SmartView Synthetic Vision System (SVS), SmartRunway, and Automatic Dependence Surveillance - Broadcast (ADS-B) Out capability.
- In Q2 2013 Honeywell expects the completion of the first Dassault Falcon F2000EX and F7X retrofits of EASy II. Both retrofits are being completed by Dassault Falcon Service (DFS) and will be operated by Sirio and Planair, respectively.
- Recent EASA certification for Flight Management System (FMS) 6.1 on the Global Express that adds WAAS LPV capability. Honeywell also expects EASA certification for the Cessna Citation X, Falcon 900EX and Gulfstream GIV/GV in 2013.
- Rob Wilson, President, Business and General Aviation, Honeywell Aerospace
"We are seeing significant growth in demand across our entire RMU portfolio, making it a very important part of our EBACE activities this year. We are bringing cost-effective, easy-to-install, certified technologies to the entire airframe to help operators extend lifecycles, meet changing regulatory and customer demands, and ultimately get more from their fleets."
Honeywell is showcasing its complete line of business aviation offerings at EBACE 2013 in Geneva, May 21–23, at Booth #487.
- About Honeywell's Business Aviation products and services
- About EBACE 2013
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. The Aerospace business unit develops and integrates technologies that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, connectivity, logistics and more that deliver safe, efficient, productive and comfortable transportation-related experiences. For more information, visit http://aerospace.honeywell.com or follow us at @honeywell_aero on Twitter.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2013 Honeywell.
This release contains certain statements that may be deemed "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by our management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. The forward-looking statements included in this release are also subject to a number of material risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by such forward-looking statements. We identify the principal risks and uncertainties that affect our performance in our Form 10-K and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.