RARITAN, N.J., April 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho), a global leader of in vitro diagnostics, today announced that it has been awarded an Edison Award™ for Global Product Innovation, for its ORTHO VISION® Platform. ORTHO VISION is a portfolio of fully automated analyzers that test blood for compatibility with patients receiving blood transfusions.
The ORTHO VISION® Platform is comprised of the ORTHO VISION and ORTHO VISION Max analyzers. Tailored to the needs of blood banks or hospitals, the ORTHO VISION platform helps improve workflow and supports the standardization of systems and processes, enabling labs to increase productivity while remaining operationally efficient. The distinguished Edison Award honors the products, services and solutions that represent the best in innovation from around the world.
"With comprehensive testing capabilities, the ORTHO VISION platform enables labs to automate their immunohematology testing menu. This helps labs deliver accurate results, even during staffing shortages and in the face of cost constraints," said Heidi Casaletto, vice president Transfusion Medicine at Ortho. "This prestigious recognition from The Edison Awards acknowledges our commitment to innovating and reimagining what's possible for our customers."
The innovative ORTHO VISION platform introduces:
- Continuous access during testing – The ORTHO VISION platform helps labs manage the flow of incoming orders and reduces the need to batch samples. It allows for organizing and prioritization of STAT requests without disrupting existing testing queues, a critical advantage in helping hospitals respond to crises
- e-Connectivity™ Technology – Ortho specialists remotely monitor the ORTHO VISION Analyzer's performance, so they can intervene to predict and prevent issues before they occur.
- Proprietary Intellicheck® Technology – Verifies, documents, and resolves diagnostic checks throughout sample processing.
- Virtual collaboration – Lab staff can log on from the hospital and/or blood bank network for real-time interaction to review results.
- Standardization -- ORTHO VISION and ORTHO VISION Max are the only immunohematology analyzers available today that are built on the same instrumentation platform. This creates lab standardization across instrumentation, technology, procedures, training and quality, which leads to greater consistency across workflows and staff proficiency.
In addition to this Edison Award, earlier this year, Ortho received two Global Business Excellence Awards, which honored the ORTHO VISION platform for its innovation and excellence. Also this year, Ortho was honored with an internationally recognized Gold Stevie Award for Global Customer Service for Ortho Care™, a comprehensive collection of high-quality lab services and resources provided to Ortho customers at hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and independent labs to enhance their overall performance.
About Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics serving the global clinical laboratory and immunohematology communities. Across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks, and labs in more than 120 countries, Ortho's high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. For the immunohematology community, Ortho's blood typing products help ensure every patient receives blood that is safe, the right type and the right unit. Ortho brings sophisticated testing technologies, automation, information management and interpretation tools to clinical laboratories around the world to help them run more efficiently and effectively and improve patient care. Ortho's purpose is to improve and save lives with diagnostics, and it does that by reimagining what's possible. This is what has defined Ortho for more than 75 years, and it's what drives Ortho forward. For more information, visit www.orthoclinicaldiagnostics.com.
Ortho Care™ is a trademark of Ortho Clinical Diagnostics.
ORTHO VISION® is a trademark of Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
© Ortho Clinical Diagnostics 2017
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/edison-awards-recognize-ortho-clinical-diagnostics-for-outstanding-product-innovation-300443445.html
SOURCE Ortho Clinical Diagnostics