SAN JOSE, Calif., March 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry's decision makers, today announced the winners of the 2012 UBM Electronics ACE Awards. Combining the EE Times ACE (Annual Creativity in Electronics) Awards and EDN's Innovation Awards, this new award program recognizes and honors the people and companies behind the exciting technologies and new products that are changing the world of electronics globally. The awards ceremony took place last night at The Fairmont San Jose, during DESIGN West, a new conference and expo built around the rich foundation of training, education and products available at ESC, combined with popular summits and new event launches in one venue for the first time.
"It was a challenge for our judges to select one winner in each category from all of the creative and innovative technologies represented by the finalists," said Junko Yoshida, Editor in Chief, EE Times, UBM Electronics. "The winners have proven that they are pioneers in developing and implementing breakthroughs in electronics. We hope this awards program gives companies worldwide the impetus to stretch their imaginations and their resources for even more progress in the coming year."
The 2012 UBM Electronics ACE Awards Winners:
- STARTUP OF THE YEAR - mCube
- COMPANY OF THE YEAR - Qualcomm, Inc.
- EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR - Rich Beyer, Freescale Semiconductor
- DESIGN TEAM OF THE YEAR - Tilera Corporation
- INNOVATOR OF THE YEAR - Michael McCorquodale, Integrated Device Technology
- ENERGY TECHNOLOGY AWARD - Maxim Integrated Products
- ULTIMATE PRODUCTS
- SoCs - Zynq-7000 EPP (Extensible Processing Platform), Xilinx
- Analog ICs - 3LG family of CrystalFree CMOS oscillators, Integrated Device Technology
- Digital ICs (MCUs, FPGAs, microprocessors) - LPC11U00 microcontrollers, NXP Semiconductors
- Power - LTC6803 multicell battery stack monitor, Linear Technology
- Human-Machine Interface Technology - Xtrinsic capacitive and resistive touch sensing platform, Freescale Semiconductor
- Software - Virtual System Platform, Cadence Design Systems
- Passive Components, Sensors, Indicators and Interconnects - TMP006 temperature sensor, Texas Instruments
- Development Kits, Reference Designs & SBCs - Home Health Hub reference platform, Freescale Semiconductor
- Test & Measurement Systems & Boards – MDO4000 mixed-domain oscilloscope, Tektronix
- MOST ENGAGED COMMUNITY MEMBER - Jonathan Chan
- BEST STUDENT DESIGN/DESIGN CHALLENGE WITH PUBLIC SCHOOLS - Oak Canyon Junior High team, Lindon, UT, Pipe Dreams Christmas Tree, Ted Hansen, Teacher; Wayne Rust, Team Mentor
- CONTRIBUTOR OF THE YEAR - Jim Williams
- STUDENT OF THE YEAR - Aaron Goldstein, Arizona State University
- MENTOR OF THE YEAR - Stewart Christie, Product Marketing Engineer, Intelligent Systems Group, Intel
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- Dr. James Truchard, National Instruments
- Jeff Kodosky, National Instruments
- IEEE SPECTRUM TECHNOLOGY IN THE SERVICE OF SOCIETY - SuVolta
- IEEE SPECTRUM EMERGING TECHNOLOGY AWARD - Ekso Bionics
A panel of EE Times editors narrowed down the entries to five finalists in each category, based on the criteria set forth in an online submission form. Winners are determined from among the finalists by a panel of independent judges, including Robin B. Gray, Jr., Electronic Components Industry Association; Gordon Bell, Senior Researcher, Microsoft Research; Jeff Bier, President, Berkeley Design Technology, Inc. (BDTI), Founder, Embedded Vision Alliance; Larry Boucher, President and CEO, Alacritech; William Dally, Chairman, Computer Science Dept., Stanford University; Erach Desai, Consultant, DESAIsive; John East, President and CEO, Actel Corporation; Gene A. Frantz, Principal Fellow, Texas Instruments, Inc.; Lucio Lanza, Managing Director, Lanzatech Ventures; John Mashey, Consultant, Techviser; Dennis Monticelli, Chief Technoligist and Fellow, National Semiconductor; Martin Reynolds, Dataquest; George M. Scalise, President, Semiconductor Industry Association; Naveed Sherwani, President & CEO, Open Silicon; and Nick Tredennick, Editor, Gilder Technology Report. Judging took place from November 1, 2011-January 6, 2012.
For more information on the awards program visit http://ubm-ace.com/.
The UBM Electronics ACE Awards are generously sponsored by Platinum sponsor Mouser Electronics, a TTI company; executive Platinum sponsor Avnet Electronics Marketing; Silver sponsor XILINX; and association media sponsor IEEE Spectrum.
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for the electronics industry. UBM Electronics delivers results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities and professional education services. More than 1.7 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, Design News, Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, EBN, Datasheets.com, Designlines and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DesignCon and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,634 staff in more than 31 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM news.
For more information on UBM Electronics please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing
T: 516.562.5652, E: [email protected]
SOURCE UBM Electronics