NEW YORK, Sept. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- EmblemHealth today announced the launch of a comprehensive Health Reform web site, www.emblemhealthreform.com. The site provides tools, movies, and education showing how the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) brings changes and opportunities for individuals, health plan members, employers, and brokers.
"As one of the largest health insurance providers in the state of New York, we want to help lead the country in education about this important, historic legislation," said Anthony L. Watson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of EmblemHealth. "We are committed to complying with all provisions of the law and finding new opportunities to effect a healthier, sustainable health care future for all of our members."
The Health Reform site features four target audience portals, including individuals/members, small employers, large employers, and brokers. The portals feature over a dozen movies and several educational tools, including:
- Small Business Premium Savings Estimator: Designed to help small employers estimate health premiums after all tax benefits.
- Small Business Tax Credit Estimator: Designed to help small employers estimate the small business tax credit.
- Preventive Care Checklist: Designed to help members see what preventive services may be available in the future with no cost-share.
- Childhood Immunization Checklist: Designed to help members see which childhood immunizations may be available in the future with no cost-share.
- Health Reform Timeline: Designed to help employers, members and brokers understand the future of health reform.
EmblemHealth partnered with Finity Communications to produce the site.
"We were asked to create a site that focused on the health care opportunities within the new health reform law. The site highlights changes that take place this year," said Deborah Stewart, the President of Finity Communications. "Each year we will be adding new information about how health reform can work for individuals, companies, and members. We believe that the site is one of the best public sites in the country for health care reform education and information."
To access the EmblemHealth Health Reform portal, visit www.emblemhealthreform.com.
EmblemHealth Inc., through its companies Group Health Incorporated (GHI) and HIP Health Plan of New York (HIP), provides affordable, quality health care coverage and administrative services to nearly 3.3 million people. Groups and individuals can choose from a variety of PPO, EPO and HMO programs, as well as prescription drug, dental and vision plans. Plans offer a choice of networks, including access to over 106,000 quality doctors and other health care professionals and most of the leading hospitals across the tristate region. For more information, visit www.emblemhealth.com.
About Finity Communications
Finity Communications provides turn-key communication and technology solutions to some of the world's largest health and financial institutions, as well as direct to employers and consumers. Additional information about Finity can be found at www.finity.com.