HOPKINTON, Mass., May 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC's 2015 Sustainability Report "Connections" is now available
- Report highlights progress towards 2020 goals and key achievements
- 46% reduction from 2005 to 2015 in Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions, achieving 2015 Intensity goal
- All EMC products introduced in 2015 included power supplies that met or exceeded ENERGY STAR requirements
EMC Corporation today published its 2015 Sustainability Report, Connections. As in past years, the annual sustainability report provides visibility into progress made toward the Company's 2020 science-based goals, and highlights the programs and initiatives advancing the primary sustainability priorities for EMC.
"IT is at the center of a monumental shift that is transforming the world. Technology is making it possible to better understand and shape a healthy and sustainable future," said David Goulden, CEO at EMC Information Infrastructure. "EMC is excited and committed to being part of this tremendous opportunity – for our business, our employees and the communities in which we operate."
Goulden added, "It is important to me that as a global business we are creating a culture of environmental sustainability and digital responsibility. Our 2015 Sustainability Report illustrates EMC's progress on its sustainability goals as well as how we are supporting local communities and society as a whole. I am excited to share our progress with you."
The report is based on a 2015 assessment to identify and prioritize sustainability factors in order to focus EMC resources, set goals and evolve business practices. Informed by EMC's core business strategy and enterprise risk analyses, the assessment resulted in the identification of four strategic themes – Digital Transformation, Impact Through Customers, Talent and Value Chain Responsibility – in which sustainability plays an integral role in achieving EMC's business objectives.
The 2015 assessment also identified seven issues having the greatest impact on both EMC and society including: Data Privacy & Security; Role of IT in Society; Energy; Diversity & Inclusion; Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM); Human Rights; and Product Stewardship. For more information on the themes and issues visit www.EMC.com/sustainability.
The 2015 report highlights the following sustainability goals attained in 2015, and projects during the course of the year, including:
- Achieved 2015 GHG Emissions Intensity goal; 46% reduction from 2005 to 2015
- All EMC products introduced in 2015 included power supplies that met or exceeded ENERGY STAR® requirements
- Commenced a solar project in Massachusetts, expected to be finished in 2016
- Implemented an RSA® Archer® Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) supplier performance application that provides supplier risk profiles to aid in sourcing decisions, and communicates actions needed to drive a more sustainable and resilient supply chain
- Increased participation in EMC's Implicit Bias training courses by 50% compared to the year prior
- Launched "Dream Centers" in schools near EMC offices across China, providing 3,000 children with multi-media learning and teaching facilities
- Launched the Whenology™ project, a Big Data technology initiative to understand the ecological impacts of climate change
Connect With EMC
- Share your thoughts and engage with EMC on Twitter (@EMCCorp and @EMC_News), LinkedIn, Facebook
- Hear more from EMC Chief Sustainability Officer, Kathrin Winkler, on the EMC Reflections Blog
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Archer, RSA and Whenology are trademarks or registered trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks used are the property of their respective owners.
Video - http://youtu.be/eWcOFqqjkWM
SOURCE EMC Corporation