HOPKINTON, Mass., Oct. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- The EMC® Data Domain® DD160 deduplication storage system joins the EMC VNXe® unified storage system as a channel-only product, expanding the mid-market opportunity for partners.
- The EMC VNXe now supports flash drives, has more memory, increased capacity, and new industry certifications.
- New programs for EMC Velocity™ partners give customers easier access to products and enable faster, easier training for the EMC partner community.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced the availability of the new EMC Data Domain DD160 deduplication storage system exclusively through the channel; enhancements to the award winning channel-only EMC VNXe unified storage technologies; and new programs for Velocity partners that are designed to drive market expansion.
- Data Domain DD160: Effective immediately, the DD160 will be sold through EMC's Velocity Solution Provider Partners or Authorized Resellers. Starting at just $10,000 USD, the DD160 offers Data Domain system efficiency and scale to small enterprise data centers and remote offices.
- The EMC VNXe now provides:
- More efficiency with new support of 100 GB flash drives on the VNXe3300, and new DC-powered models of the VNXe3300 that are certified to meet NEBS Level 3 requirements.
- More simplicity for Microsoft environments with a new EMC Storage Integrator for application-aware storage provisioning for Windows and SharePoint. Additionally, EMC is enabling companies to scale as business needs grow by adding memory to the VNXe3100, which now offers 8 GB of system memory per controller.
New Programs for Velocity Partners:
- VNXe "Try & Buy" Program enables qualified partners to deliver VNXe products to customers at no risk and no cost for 45 days. The program enables them to experience first-hand the advantages of automated, application-ready storage with solution-focused software that allows them to easily manage, provision, and protect their information.
- VNXe "Quick Ship" Program helps partners accelerate time-to-delivery with six pre-configured VNXe solutions to ship globally within two days after order placement. Each configuration includes the base operating software and VNXe Unisphere, iSCSI, CIFA, NFS, File Deduplication, Snapshots, Thin Provisioning, and the VNXe Total Protection Suite.
- "U Sell U Earn" Training Incentive Program provides partners selling training services with the opportunity to earn free VNX readiness training for themselves. This offers partners a cost-effective way to differentiate themselves in the marketplace and increase profitability.
Today's announcement follows a string of channel-related accolades, including the VNXe winning the CRN Technology Innovator Award for Storage, and in August 2011, CRN naming EMC "Company of the Year" in three ARC award categories - SMB Network Storage, Enterprise Network Storage, and Backup & Recovery Software. This was EMC's first-ever inclusion and recognition in the SMB Network Storage category, a direct result of the January launch of the VNXe and successful channel-centric go-to-market strategy for it.
John Hardwick, President, nXio
"nXio believes that the products, technologies and services of big business should be available to the independent business owner, so we're pleased that EMC is enabling partners who sell to non-enterprise customers to address the SMB unified storage demand with their industry-leading and award-winning VNXe technology. Since the VNXe was announced earlier this year, we've received a lot of positive feedback from our customers. Not only has EMC provided us with innovative, industry-leading technology, they've also made it easier than ever for us as a partner to get trained on the product, decreasing ramp up investment and time to profit."
"Next-generation backup and recovery products present an opportunity for solution providers to expand their offering to current and future accounts. Midmarket customers in particular are seeking backup redesign support similar to Data Domain high-end systems for large enterprises. EMC solution providers are now armed with an industry-leading backup and recovery product line at competitive price points that make sense for midmarket companies."
EMC Executive Quote
Fred Kohout, Vice President, EMC Global Channel Marketing
"The best just got better. EMC has the best partners in the industry, and we are committed to finding new ways to enable them to take more market share and increase profitability with industry-leading products, programs and enterprise-class support. By designating the EMC DD160 and VNXe as channel-led products, EMC is working with its partner community to open up new market opportunities."
- Learn more about partnering with EMC
- Learn more about VNXe unified storage
- Learn more about the Data Domain DD160
- Join the @EMCChannel conversation on Twitter.
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and ECN
The Data Domain DD160, VNXe and Velocity program enhancements are available today worldwide.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Data Domain, and VNXe are registered trademarks and Velocity is a trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation