HOPKINTON, Mass., April 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, today announced several enhancements to the EMC® Velocity™ Solution Provider Partner program that are designed to provide new opportunities for Velocity partners to accelerate their profitability. New incentives include: greater upfront discounts for selected products; the inclusion of EMC unified storage in the Velocity Incentive Program (VIP); new integrated demand-generation programs focused on next generation backup as well as unified storage for SMB, midmarket, and enterprise businesses; and a revised deal registration program.
EMC is committed to accelerating its partners' profitability by giving them access to industry leading products with the most competitive pricing along with easy and efficient marketing and training resources to help them compete and earn business. Velocity program enhancements include:
- New Discount Structure: To help partners be more competitive EMC has extended its discount structure to include a broader range of EMC technology and solutions including its backup and recovery and unified storage offerings. Upfront discounts include stackable deal registration, incremental, and new accounts. With upfront discounts EMC is giving partners the opportunity to better plan their business and realize profits sooner.
- Expanded Velocity Incentive Program (VIP) Now Offers Unified Storage: VIP is a global program that offers partners stackable individual employee rewards for deals that align to EMC's strategic information infrastructure solutions for unified storage, consolidation, backup and recovery, archive, security, as well as selected products from Cisco, Brocade and Emulex. Today EMC announced that the EMC VNX® family and EMC VNXe® series of unified storage systems have been added to the VIP program in order to reward partner representatives and sales engineers with back end incentives on sales of these products.
- New Marketing Campaign Assets: Partners now have access to new demand generation campaigns including next generation backup and unified storage for SMB, midmarket, and enterprise businesses. These campaign assets are accessible through the EMC Velocity Partner Marketing Guide, an online self-service portal to help partners customize marketing campaigns.
- Revised Deal Registration Program: To simplify deal registration, EMC has replaced its previous Prime registration model program, which required a separate process for incremental deals, to a new Base model that allows for more upfront, stackable registration discounts, and is flexible for both incremental and non-incremental opportunities.
- Open Distribution for the EMC VNXe series: To accelerate time to market, EMC Velocity partners around the world can choose to procure VNXe products from any EMC Velocity distributor in their respective country and receive Velocity program benefits.
- New Partner Relationship Management Tools: EMC Partner Central is a new partner relationship management tool designed to help partners track the various elements of their business transactions with EMC more efficiently and with greater speed and service. With EMC Partner Central, partners can also manage their EMC profile, review channel plans, and monitor their program compliance and eligibility for benefits.
EMC Partner Quotes
"Today's announcement is further proof that EMC is investing in partner profitability more than ever," said Joe Reuben, Managing Partner, Cordicate IT. "By offering partners the most comprehensive product portfolio to meet customers' information needs it's showing that it wants to give us what we need in order to succeed. Additionally, EMC takes partner feedback very seriously and is committed to implementing partner feedback wherever possible."
"It's easier than ever to do business with EMC," said Brad Call, Product Manager, Sentinel Technologies. "With all of the improvements they continue to make to the Velocity program, there's no doubt we'll see our business and margins grow. EMC's new structured training programs provide us with the means to develop a specialized focus and develop new revenue streams in critical growth areas within our Data Center initiatives."
EMC Executive Quote
"To help our partners take market share and grow their business with EMC, we are taking aggressive actions to provide more opportunities for them to increase profitability," said Gregg Ambulos, EMC's Senior Vice President, Global Channel Operations and Americas Channel Sales. "Not only does EMC offer the industry-leading products, solution and competitive pricing, we're also committed to providing our Velocity partners with the right tools and resources to allow them to focus on delivering the best possible service to their customers. We believe Velocity partners are well positioned to lead their customers on their journey to the cloud while growing their business and becoming more profitable."
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world's leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC's products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Velocity, VNX, and VNXe are trademarks or registered trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE EMC Corporation