LAS VEGAS, May 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC WORLD --
- Cloud computing and modern software development techniques are transforming industries and delivering radically improved consumer experiences
- To respond, more traditional organizations are modernizing their IT for greater speed, efficiency and agility while also investing in new modern data center architectures to support them
- EMC today launched several new technologies to lay the foundation for these initiatives
Connect With Us At EMC World 2016:
- Session Streaming: For video of keynotes, general sessions, backstage sessions, and EMC TV coverage, click here
- Social: Follow @EMCWorld, @EMCCorp, and @EMC_News, and join conversations with #EMCWORLD, and like EMC on Facebook
- Photos: Access event photos via Flickr
- Live Chat: Click here to join the "Ask Me Anything" CrowdChat with Jeremy Burton, President of Products and Marketing, on Tuesday, May 3 at 12:00 PM PDT/ 3:00PM EDT
- News: View additional related news from EMC Pulse Blog or visit the special EMC WORLD News microsite here
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today introduced new foundational offerings designed to support and accelerate customers' digital transformation initiatives and address the four major pillars of the modern data center – flash, scale-out, software-defined and cloud-enabled. New offerings include the new Native Hybrid Cloud™ (NHC™) platform, VCE® VxRack™ System 1000 with Neutrino™ Nodes, and major updates to DSSD™ D5™.
New technology-centric companies born in the digital era are leveraging cloud computing, modern software development techniques and an array of smart connected devices to enter and disrupt almost every industry, delivering radically improved consumer experiences. To respond, more traditional organizations must re-kindle innovation within their own IT teams and build out new modern data center architectures to support them. These architectures and infrastructure are very different from what resides in most IT environments today.
EMC Executive Quote:
David Goulden, EMC Information Infrastructure CEO
"There is an explosion of data from connected smart devices as sensors and telemetry are being built into every product imaginable. To compete in the modern digital economy, companies are embarking on digital transformations to exploit this ever-increasing amount of data. The new EMC technologies announced today are designed specifically to underpin these business modernization initiatives."
EMC World Day 2 News Highlights:
- The latest addition to its cloud solutions portfolio, Native Hybrid Cloud (NHC) is an engineered turnkey developer platform for cloud-native application development and deployment. (News release HERE)
- VCE VxRack System 1000 with Neutrino Nodes is a software-defined hyper-converged rack-scale engineered system designed to provide a turnkey cloud-native IaaS experience. Using a VxRack System with Neutrino Nodes customers can deploy an enterprise-grade IaaS in just a few days with built-in automation as well as dynamically provision resources for the first time in less than one hour. (News release HERE)
- The new ability to stripe two DSSD D5 systems together in a single rack to deliver 2X the IOPS, bandwidth and capacity, 1/3 the latency and a lower TCO than the fastest converged solution for Oracle databases in the market today. Also new today is VCE VxRack System with DSSD, a fully-engineered storage, networking and compute system that provides customers with a single pre-configured, optimized solution for their high-performance databases and data warehouses. (News release HERE)
New Digital Business Transformation Survey Results
There is no doubt that the drive toward digital transformation is changing industries and business models. According to an EMC-commissioned survey conducted by Vanson Bourne:
- 52% of 4,000 business leaders surveyed across 16 countries say that as a result of digital technologies, they have experienced significant disruption in their industries1
- 48% of the respondents say they don't know what their industry will look like in three years' time1
- 62% of respondents say they have witnessed new competitive entrants into their industries as a result of digital initiatives1, and
- 56% cite customer demand as a driving force behind the need to digitally transform1
As external pressures continue to accelerate, to advance their digital business transformation:
- 73% of companies agree that a centralized technology strategy needs to be a priority1, and
- 66% are planning to invest in IT infrastructure and digital skills leadership1.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, D5, DSSD, Native Hybrid Cloud, Neutrino, and NHC are trademarks or registered trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks used are the property of the respective owners.
VCE, VxRack, and the VCE logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of VCE Company LLC.
1 Vanson Bourne survey of 4,000 business leaders across 16 countries from mid-size to large enterprises, primarily drawn from 12 industries. Respondents were selected according to job function (from business owners to decision-makers in marketing, customer service, R&D and finance etc.). The full research will be released in Summer of 2016.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/emc-world-day-2--new-emc-technologies-to-help-customers-modernize-their-business-300261657.html
SOURCE EMC Corporation