DES PLAINES, Ill., June 28, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Emergency Nurses Association today announced recipients of its 2017 Achievement Awards. The awards recognize emergency nurses and exemplary supporters of the profession who demonstrate exceptional professional practice, innovation, leadership and advocacy.
Award recipients are selected by healthcare professionals who recognize colleagues as extraordinary practitioners that continually go above and beyond the call of duty in emergency nursing. Each of the 16 awards has specific requirements and criteria, and the ENA Awards Committee reviews each blinded submission.
"It is a difficult task honoring a select few among the thousands of our hardworking members who continually provide the utmost quality emergency care," said ENA president Karen K. Wiley, MSN, RN, CEN. "That said, we are proud to recognize the 2017 Achievement Award recipients who continue to achieve excellence in emergency nursing. We're looking forward to honoring them at Emergency Nursing 2017 in September."
The most prestigious award, the Judith C. Kelleher Award, named after ENA's co-founder, honors an ENA member who consistently demonstrates excellence in emergency nursing and has made significant contributions to the profession and to ENA. The 2017 Judith C. Kelleher Award recipient is Joanne Fadale, BSN, RN, FAEN (New York).
The additional 2017 Annual Achievement Award recipients are:
- Barbara A. Foley Quality, Safety and Injury Prevention Award: Mary Raley, BSN, RN, CEN (Kentucky)
- Behind the Scenes Award: Victoria Grainger, BSN, RN, CEN, CPEN (South Carolina)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Award: Denise Rhew, PhD, MSN, RN, CEN (North Carolina)
- Frank L. Cole Nurse Practitioner Award: Nycole Oliver, DNP, RN, CEN (Arkansas
- Gail Lenehan Advocacy Award: Sandra Ruesch, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN (South Dakota)
- Nurse Manager Award: Gina Harrison, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN (Virginia)
- Nursing Education Award: Michael Moon, PhD, MSN, RN, CEN, CNS-CC, FAEN (Texas)
- Nursing Practice and Professionalism Award: Bryan Gray, BSN, RN, CEN (North Carolina)
- Rising Star Award: Heather Linsalata, MSN, RN, CEN (New Jersey)
- Team Award: Valley Baptist Medical Center Stroke Team (Texas)
Award recipients will be recognized throughout the Emergency Nursing 2017 in St. Louis and at a reception on Friday, Sept. 15.
About the Emergency Nurses Association
The Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) is the premier professional nursing association dedicated to defining the future of emergency nursing through advocacy, education, research, innovation, and leadership. Founded in 1970, ENA has proven to be an indispensable resource to the global emergency nursing community. With more than 42,000 members worldwide, ENA advocates for patient safety, develops industry-leading practice standards and guidelines, and guides emergency healthcare public policy. ENA members have expertise in triage, patient care, disaster preparedness, and all aspects of emergency care. Additional information is available at www.ena.org.
ENA Media Contact:
Director, PR & Communications
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/emergency-nurses-association-recognizes-2017-achievement-awards-300481328.html
SOURCE Emergency Nurses Association