SALEM, N.H., May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, announced the results of its business in the education sector where it achieved 22% growth, with a 22 percent increase in wireless business worldwide among both new and existing customers in fiscal 2012. A recent Enterasys survey shows 43 percent of K-12 schools surveyed currently use or plan to try the Flipped Classroom model and 46 percent plan to exclusively use online assessment for testing within five years, underscoring the growing demand for technology in the classroom and the need for unfailing wireless to support that demand. Enterasys also attained success with Enterasys University, its networking certification program, and plans to roll out a University Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) initiative in the coming weeks.
- In fiscal year 2012, wireless revenue in the education sector was up 22 percent worldwide and up 28 percent in North America.
- Higher education business in North America increased 19 percent and K-12 business in North America increased 37 percent.
- Growth in Latin America was especially strong in new education customers, increasing 262 percent year-over-year.
- The UK and Ireland had 141 percent total growth in the first half of 2013 in K-12 sales and 37 percent wireless growth in K-12 sales.
- Last quarter alone, Enterasys' education business for solely new customers was up 14 percent in North America and all products in education were up 207 percent in Central Europe and 11 percent in the APAC region.
Customer & Partner Highlights
- In February, Enterasys provided Medina City School District with unwavering wired and wireless solutions across 13 locations with the implementation of Enterasys' IdentiFi Wireless and Mobile IAM.
- Additional K-12 customer wins in the past year include Woodford County School District, Waukegan School District, Mat-Su School District and Anderson County School District.
- Enterasys also grew in the higher education market, working with schools such as the University of New Hampshire, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Sinclair Community College and Mount Wachusett Community College.
- Enterasys has been at the forefront of enabling new learning models, such as the converged classroom, which will be a hot topic at the upcoming ISTE 2013 conference.
- Enterasys honored eight of its K-12 school districts with the Enterasys Exemplary School District Awards for having demonstrated their educational commitment to implementing a personalized 21st century learning environment and striving to engage today's digital students.
Phil Komarny, VP of Information Technology & CIO, Seton Hill University
"Enterasys has helped Seton Hill University become a truly social campus. There is a definite need for higher education institutions to get on board and offer students the best education experience possible, which includes having expansive Wi-Fi around campus for always-on access. Without Enterasys, our technology goals would not have been achieved."
Miguel Angel del Rio, Director of Technology Infrastructures, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos de Madrid
"Enterasys OneFabric architecture, combined with OneFabric Control Center management suite allows University local network services to have effective, flexible and centralized management throughout its five sites, where more than 2,000 teachers and 25,000 students conduct their teaching and research tasks over more than 50 buildings. The management of wired and wireless network is fully integrated within the same platform, which significantly reduces the intervention time on any device on the network, as well as policy deployment, filtering or any other operating policy."
Karol Howell, CIO, Stephenville (Texas) ISD
"Before switching to Enterasys, we had previously been a Cisco shop," Karol Howell, Director of Technology and Advanced Academics, Stephenville Independent School District. "IT management was a key consideration as we started our network refresh. We have a small IT staff and needed single dashboard visibility; but multiple dashboards were required with competing vendors. The Enterasys network has provided us seamless mobility and completely changed our campus, where students can bring in their own devices and have access anywhere. We now have an enabling climate of technology everywhere to support curriculum and advanced learning."
Steven Tallant, ICT Development Manager, St. Austin's Catholic Primary School (Liverpool, United Kingdom)
"Enhancing the learning environment for students and teachers was a top priority for the entire team at St. Austin's Catholic Primary School. Working with Enterasys to enable wireless connectivity in the classroom has accelerated these initiatives and provided our teachers with the technology resources to continue to provide a world-class learning environment. Additionally, we've relied on Enterasys service and support to navigate and quickly rectify issues. "
Juan Carlos Pedral Valencia, Computer Services Coordinator, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana (Azcapotzalco Campus)
"With over 23,000 users spanning 20 buildings, we needed a robust wired and wireless network which could support high density Wi-Fi and allow students and faculty seamless BYOD support. Further, students now have better access to campus resources, including our e-Library and other e-learning applications."
Urik Gharabeigi, Network Manager, Barking Dagenham College
"There are a handful of vendors in the world that produce worthy wireless and wired products destined for the large, high user density environments with end to end security in mind – and Enterasys is certainly a digit on that hand. Enterasys has been quite simply the most cost effective, comprehensive and logical infrastructure deployment we have ever experienced to date. I would highly recommend it purely for its management capabilities, if nothing else."
Stacy Hawthorne, Technology Integration Coordinator, Medina City School District
"K-12 schools have a great opportunity to provide an interactive and fun learning environment for students and teachers. Increasing the use of technology in the classroom and being able to allow students to bring their own mobile devices and laptops not only enriches their learning experience, but also increases student collaboration. I believe more schools should implement these programs and Enterasys is leading the charge when it comes to best-in-class wired and wireless solutions in education."
Jose Samuel Ordaz Ruiz, Computer Services Coordinator, Universidad Autonoma de Chiapas (UNACH)
"Enterasys provides us with a network solution that is highly available and reliable, meeting the needs of both our faculty and students, promoting a richer learning environment. With students bringing in their own wireless-enabled devices, whether they are smartphones, tablets or gaming stations, the Enterasys solution also offers the highest level of network security."
- Enterasys Higher Education Solutions Webpage
- Enterasys K-12 Solutions Webpage
- New Styles of K-12 Teaching Infographic
- Vala Afshar Blog Post on Higher Education CIOs 2013 Technology Spend Priorities
- University of New Hampshire Case Study Video
- Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, Mexico Video Case Study
- Jackson Local Schools and Green Bay Schools Video Case Studies
- Enterasys Social Media Newsroom
- Connect with Enterasys via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a leading global provider of unified communications (UC) solutions and network infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes. Leveraging 160 years of experience, we deliver innovation and quality to the world's most successful companies, backed by a world-class services portfolio which includes international multi-vendor managed and outsourcing capabilities.
Our OpenScape communications solutions provide a seamless and efficient collaboration experience – on any device – which amplifies collective effort and dramatically improves business performance.
Together, our global team of UC experts and service professionals set the standards for a rich communications experience that empowers teams to deliver better results.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a joint venture of The Gores Group and Siemens AG, and includes Enterasys Networks, a provider of network infrastructure and security solutions, creating a complementary and complete enterprise communications solutions portfolio.
Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
+1 603 952 5151
+1 617 624 3231
SOURCE Enterasys Networks