Enterasys OneFabric Data Center Delivers Simplicity, Agility, and Optimized Performance for Enterprise Customers
New Switches and Software Services Provide Deep Visibility and Control through Advanced Intelligence
Jun 18, 2013, 08:30 ET
SALEM, N.H., June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, introduced the next generation of OneFabric Data Center, a unified architecture that empowers administrators to fully automate the data center fabric and orchestrate it with any server or storage component in the enterprise data center – physical or virtual. OneFabric Data Center is the industry's most flexible and intelligent solution that also delivers superior control and increased network visibility. The enhancements include 14 new switch modules for the S-Series Data Center/Core switches and four new Top-of-Rack 7100-Series switches. Major software features and enhancements include additional data center standard support, as well as updates to the OneFabric Control Center, delivering unified management and control based on a Software Defined Networking (SDN) architecture for virtual, physical, wired and wireless networks through a single pane of glass.
- OneFabric Data Center simplifies complex data center processes, making them more agile with SDN-based integration of intelligent services, and increased utilization to make them more efficient and allow IT to optimize performance while providing visibility and control.
- Introducing two new families of S-Series modules, S140 and S180, supporting dense 10Gb and 40Gb Ethernet deployments in the data center.
- The new 7100-Series family of switches is meant for high density data center environments, supporting up to 64 10Gb Ethernet ports in a single rack unit, ideal for top-of–rack deployments.
- Support for data center standards such as Shortest Path Bridging, Data Center Bridging for Storage Convergence and a simplified Data Center Interconnect solution.
- The OneFabric Data Center architecture delivers data center automation and orchestration to easily and flexibly provision the network to improve efficiencies and reduce OpEx, delivering simplified private cloud management via Enterasys Data Center Manager and innovative service integration through OneFabric Connect SDN.
- OneFabric Data Center solutions are Virtual Machine (VM) vendor agnostic, providing high availability, increased efficiency and reduced workload for IT, with support for the latest releases from VMware vSphere, Citrix XEN and Microsoft Hyper-V/SCVMM.
- The S-Series Coreflow2 custom flow-based ASIC is the industry's only flow-based switch providing the industry's highest level of programmability and scale. This results in detailed visibility and control for IT administrators across their whole network.
According to Gartner, "IT organizations must focus on data center architecture to keep the business running. Optimal data center design ensures smooth IT operations, high availability, security, network connectivity, and energy efficiency."*
Chris Strabley, IT Manager, Republic Steel
"Working with Enterasys has allowed our IT staff to refocus activities that are driving greater value for our business. In Enterasys, we've found an IT partner that has gone above and beyond to find solutions to our problems. With the 7100-Series and S-Series, we have a robust data center solution which helps us manage a very complex IT infrastructure, ensuring our manufacturing specific applications are predictably delivered in a virtualized environment. We truly feel that they are as committed and dedicated to improving our business as we are."
Melissa Burg, Management Information Systems Director, Watson Clinic
"Being a small network team and needing to support 22 locations, we needed a system that had the greatest functionality yet was easy to use. Enterasys fit into that category perfectly. Our transition from Cisco to an all Enterasys network from the data center to the access edge was an easy process for us. As for managing the network, if you can click a mouse, you can manage the entire system with Enterasys."
Frank Kiess, Network Manager, Charite
"Charite has strategically decided to go with Enterasys for the campus LAN. The longevity and reusability of switch modules as well as the stability of the solution were key decision factors when considering important criteria for the core of the data center network infrastructure."
John Thome, Jr., VP of Sales, Chi Corporation
"We've been an Enterasys Partner for a number of years, and we are excited about the introduction of the new OneFabric Data Center architecture. As customers look to refresh their data centers, capacity, performance, and automation are key concerns. Enterasys OneFabric Data Center provides a vehicle to help our customers deploy innovative technology as they refresh their data centers for the future, with the simplicity to keep operational costs in check. Cutting through the clutter of over-sized, complex, yet incomplete solutions from other vendors, OneFabric provides the most intelligent network to optimize performance, visibility, and control across the entire data center infrastructure."
Chris Crowell, President and CEO, Enterasys Networks
"The tremendous growth of mobility and sheer amount of information in the enterprise, as well as the introduction of social and cloud technologies has forced businesses to think about the data center differently. Through the enhancements announced today, we've drastically reduced the complexity associated with the data center. What's more, from server connectivity to fabric core, our approach to building data center fabrics allows control of traffic flows much more effectively than competitive solutions. Enterasys believes in delivering the highest quality and most consistent user experience to our customers and this next generation of OneFabric Data Center is a testament of that."
Bob Laliberte, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
"ESG research indicates that organizations are continuing to consolidate data centers and build out multi-tenant environments. This consolidation and resulting complexity is leading to 'data center networking discontinuity' where network teams struggle with major operational challenges like too many manual processes, box-by-box provisioning, delays in change management, and complex troubleshooting. The Enterasys OneFabric Data Center solution addresses these problems by simplifying the network management and providing IT with an intelligent solution that helps to optimize data center performance and lead to fewer headaches for IT."
Ivan Pepelnjak, Data Center Expert, ipSpace.net
"The Enterasys OneFabric architecture provides customers with flexibility to connect multiple data centers in active/active scenario with standard-based technologies without inventing new and complex protocols that lock-in customers. It's an elegant solution to a complex problem."
- Enterasys Blog: The World's Most Intelligent Data Center is Here!
- Enterasys Blog: VARs Need to Adjust to Changing Data Center Revenue Streams
- Case Study: Charité University Hospital
- Register for upcoming webinar: Break The Data Center Complexity Cycle With A Smarter Network
- Enterasys Social Media Newsroom
- Connect with Enterasys via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
*Gartner, Inc., Enterprise Data Center, Drue Reeves, Chris Wolf, July 9, 2012.
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a leading global provider of unified communications (UC) solutions and network infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes. Leveraging 160 years of experience, we deliver innovation and quality to the world's most successful companies, backed by a world-class services portfolio which includes international multi-vendor managed and outsourcing capabilities.
Our OpenScape communications solutions provide a seamless and efficient collaboration experience – on any device – which amplifies collective effort and dramatically improves business performance.
Together, our global team of UC experts and service professionals set the standards for a rich communications experience that empowers teams to deliver better results.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a joint venture of The Gores Group and Siemens AG, and includes Enterasys Networks, a provider of network infrastructure and security solutions, creating a complementary and complete enterprise communications solutions portfolio.
For more information, please visit:
www.siemens-enterprise.com or www.enterasys.com
Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
+1 603 952 5151
+1 617 624 3231
SOURCE Enterasys Networks
Share this article