With more than 5,600 fully staffed offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population – including 160 in areas serviced by Metro alone – Enterprise's intuitive neighborhood business model features a wide variety of programs, including car rental, car sharing, vanpooling and online ride-matching. The strength and reach of this neighborhood network also uniquely positions Enterprise to meet the transportation demands of Washington D.C. residents, particularly those that might result from the Metro SafeTrack Project.
"Enterprise is working closely with local companies, organizations and transportation authorities to ensure commuters have options during the important work being done to the mass transit system through the Metro SafeTrack Project," said Michelle Bosch, Enterprise Vice President and General Manager in Washington D.C. "From discounts on car sharing and car rental to organizing carpools and ridesharing, we offer a wide variety of solutions to fit commuters' needs."
Offerings to help local residents include:
- Free membership to new Enterprise CarShare members (a savings of $65) as well as $10 in driving credits. This offer is valid through the end of July, and can be accessed by visiting www.enterprisecarshare.com/joindc.
- A 10 percent discount on car rentals at all 160 Enterprise Rent-A-Car locations in areas serviced by Metro to anyone with a Metro SmarTrip card. Customer must present SmarTrip card at the time of the rental to receive the discount.
- A joint offering between the Greater Washington Board of Trade and Zimride by Enterprise, the largest web-based ridesharing and carpooling network in North America, to help the employees of member business partners find and share rides with one another through a secure network.
- Through this partnership, Enterprise Rideshare also provides all participating business partners a cost-effective vanpool option for groups of five or more riders sharing a commute to get to work.
- Companies that are not members of the Great Washington Board Trade but are interested in creating their own private Zimride or Rideshare networks should visit www.zimride.com or www.enterpriserideshare.com.
"Greater Washington Board of Trade is very impressed by how responsive Enterprise has been to this growing situation," said Jim Dinegar, President and CEO of the Greater Washington Board of Trade. "The partnership offered by Enterprise provides an innovative transportation solution. Our membership has expressed a great deal of interest, and we are already seeing rapid adoption."
The extensive Enterprise network is an integral part of North America's transportation infrastructure. In fact, Enterprise has been delivering transportation alternatives right where people live and work since 1957. Forty years later, Enterprise trademarked the term Virtual Car®, after recognizing the strength and energy of local service, regardless if it is for an hour, a day, a week or longer.
As a result of this unique grassroots network, Enterprise makes it possible to provide affordable and accessible transportation options to consumers who rely on mass transit during the week in large urban markets, and to those who simply cannot afford to purchase or maintain a vehicle on their own.
For more information about Enterprise Rent-A-Car, visit www.enterprise.com.
About Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Founded in 1957, Enterprise Rent-A-Car is an internationally recognized brand known for an extensive network of convenient locations, affordable rates and outstanding customer service. Enterprise has been ranked on BusinessWeek magazine's annual list of "Customer Service Champs" for four years in a row. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by Enterprise Holdings Inc., the world's largest car rental provider – as measured by revenue, fleet and employees – and part of a global network exceeding 9,000 offices and 1.7 million vehicles throughout more than 80 countries and territories.
This press release and car rental industry news are available in the Enterprise Holdings Press Room.
SOURCE Enterprise Rent-A-Car