NEW YORK, June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ernst & Young LLP and The Hedge Fund Journal today announced the release of Tomorrow's Titans 2012, a survey identifying 40 emerging hedge fund managers who are making an increasing contribution to the industry's development and success. This is the second such survey published by The Hedge Fund Journal and sponsored by Ernst & Young.
Following the first survey in 2010, Tomorrow's Titans: Blue Chip Managers for the Next Decade, this year's report highlights a new list of the top emerging hedge fund industry leaders based on their performance, asset size and the extent of their portfolio management responsibilities. They were chosen via a survey of allocators and service providers administered by The Hedge Fund Journal.
The new report once again recognizes the achievements and contributions of 40 emerging industry leaders globally. For more than two decades, Ernst & Young firms have helped startup and small hedge fund firms navigate the ever-changing industry landscape and become some of the leading global organizations today.
"Ernst & Young is proud to continue its support for this survey and congratulates those selected as Tomorrow's Titans by The Hedge Fund Journal," said Arthur Tully, Partner, Financial Services and Global Hedge Fund services Co-leader, Ernst & Young LLP. "As a leading global provider of services to the hedge fund industry, Ernst & Young strives to help Tomorrow's Titans and their colleagues stay one step ahead in this challenging financial environment."
Of the 40 leaders selected in the survey, 20 are in the US, 14 in Europe, and six in the Asia-Pacific region, including one in Australia. The basis of their success varies: many members of this group have established new businesses after leaving leading hedge funds and investment banks, while others have remained a part of well-known industry names.
"Tomorrow's Titans is by no means a complete guide but it does spotlight a generation of managers that will be prominent in leading the hedge fund industry over the coming years," said Bill McIntosh, Editor of The Hedge Fund Journal.
Michael Serota, Partner, Financial Services and Global Hedge Fund services Co-leader - Tax, Ernst & Young LLP said, "At Ernst & Young we help enable fund managers to take their rightful place as not only leaders in the industry but also as fully fledged participants in the global capital markets. As the industry continues to be driven by the constant growth and innovation of its leaders, Ernst & Young remains committed to helping hedge funds expand on a global platform."
Below is the full list of Tomorrow's Titans by region and in alphabetical order:
- John H. Burbank, Founder, Passport Capital, San Francisco
- Mark Carhart, CIO, Kepos Capital, New York
- Neil Chriss, Founder, Hutchin Hill, New York
- Chase Coleman, Founder, Tiger Global LP, New York
- Stephen Czech, Founder, Czech Asset Management, Connecticut
- Derek Dunn, CIO, Overland Advisors, San Francisco
- John Eckerson, Co-CIO, Claren Road Asset Management, New York
- Jeffery Enslin, President, HAWK Quantitative Strategies LLC, New York
- Brian Frank, Portfolio Manager, MSD Energy Partners, New York
- Robert Gibbins, CIO, Autonomy Capital, New York
- Ray Iwanowski, Founder, SECOR Asset Management LP, New York
- Loren Katzovitz, Co-Head, Guggenheim Global Trading, New York
- W. Vivian Lau, Partner, Serengeti Asset Management, New York
- Greg Lippman, CIO, LibreMax Capital, New York
- Mark McGoldrick, Founder, Mount Kellet Capital Management LP, New York
- Peter Muller, Founder, PDT, New York
- Michael Pascutti CIO, Eagle River Capital Management, New York
- George Taylor, Founding Partner, Taylor Woods Capital Management LLC, Connecticut
- Boaz Weinstein, Founder, Saba Capital, New York
- Michael Weinstock, Managing Principal, Monarch Alternative Capital, New York
- Ali Akay, CIO, Carrhae Capital, London
- Daniele Benatoff, CIO, Benros Capital, London
- Tony Chedraoui, CIO, Tyrus Capital, Monaco
- Loic Fery, Managing Partner, Chenavari Investment Managers, London
- Carl Stephen George, Principal, Pivot Capital Management, Monaco
- Kay Haigh, CIO, Avantium Investment Management, London
- Massi Khadjenouri, CIO, Kite Lake Capital, London
- Ben Levine, Co-Founder, LMR Partners, London
- Jonathan Martin, Co-Founder, Markham Rae, London
- Sam Morland, Founder, OVS Capital Management LLP, London
- Guillaume Rambourg, Founder, Verrazzano, Paris
- Jens-Peter Stein, Co-CIO, Stone Milliner, London and Zug
- Galia Velimukhametova, Portfolio Manager, GLG, London
- Jaime Vieser, CIO, Castle Hill, London
- John Ho, Founder, Janchor Partners Ltd, Hong Kong
- Carl Huttenlocher, Founder, Myriad Asset Management, Hong Kong
- Gerard Satur, Founder, MST Capital, Sydney
- Morgan Sze, Founder, Azentus, Hong Kong
- Danny Yong, CIO, Dymon Asia, Singapore
- Joe Zhou, CIO, Ortus, Hong Kong
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 152,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
Ernst & Young refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com.
Ernst & Young is a leader in serving the global financial services marketplace
Nearly 35,000 Ernst & Young financial services professionals around the world provide integrated assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services to our asset management, banking, capital markets and insurance clients. In the Americas, Ernst & Young is the only public accounting organization with a separate business unit dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Created in 2000, the Americas Financial Services Office today includes more than 4,000 professionals at member firms in over 50 locations throughout the US, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Ernst & Young professionals in our financial services practices worldwide align with key global industry groups, including Ernst & Young's Global Asset Management Center, Global Banking & Capital Markets Center, Global Insurance Center and Global Private Equity Center, which act as hubs for sharing industry-focused knowledge on current and emerging trends and regulations in order to help our clients address key issues. Our practitioners span many disciplines and provide a well-rounded understanding of business issues and challenges, as well as integrated services to our clients. With a global presence and industry-focused advice, Ernst & Young's financial services professionals provide high-quality assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, including operations, process improvement, risk and technology, to financial services companies worldwide. It's how Ernst & Young makes a difference.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a US client-serving member firm of
Ernst & Young Global Limited.
SOURCE Ernst & Young LLP