SAN DIEGO, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ESET®, the global leader in proactive digital protection with a 25-year track record of award-winning technology, today announced the global release of ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server®. The launch adds another solution to the ESET server line of products designed to safeguard sensitive company data and assets stored in databases. Companies of all sizes are now empowered with protection for their on-premises SharePoint servers when Microsoft retires the Forefront™ products in 2015.
"Communicating with confidence improves the quality of business," says Andrew Lee, CEO, ESET North America. "Businesses in North America rely on SharePoint to connect and collaborate. With over 125 million licenses for Microsoft SharePoint*, it was a priority for ESET to deliver a solution for this popular platform."
Unlike current Forefront products, businesses using ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server get real-time protection of the entire server operating and file system. They are protected from popular threat vectors including those aimed at file system entry, drive-by downloads, or system exploits and vulnerabilities. In addition, ESET technology uses five times less memory and eight times less disk space than Forefront, minimizing its system footprint.
"We understand that businesses must use the latest technology to compete and grow. However, using new technology like Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 should not mean compromising security," says Ignacio Sbampato, ESET Chief Sales and Marketing Officer. "With an additional layer of antivirus protection from ESET, SharePoint users will not have to worry about uploading compromised files that could otherwise infect the entire database. We built ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server on the same basis as the proven ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server to provide long-lasting business value and familiar administration."
Effective protection of a SharePoint database not only requires antivirus technology to scan for malware, but should also provide tools to support IT policies preventing uploads of inappropriate files to the database or unauthorized downloads of sensitive content that should only be accessed from the database. ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server not only scans files for malware, but also applies rules-based filtering to scan actual content and validate it by real-file type.
Benefits of ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server:
Antivirus and Antispyware
- ESET Self-defense prevents malware and unauthorized users from disabling the security of the system.
- Eliminates all types of threats including viruses, rootkits, worms and spyware.
- Provides real-time on-access scanning of the server-stored data, including all the tools for full fledged server protection, including the resident shield and on-demand scanner.
- Performs on-demand or scheduled scans of any content stored within the SharePoint database structure.
Database content filtering
- Allows administrators to fine-tune protection by applying setup rules based on file name, size and real file type.
Low System Demands
- Proven protection with a small footprint leaves more system resources for the server's vital tasks.
- Performs in-depth system analysis to identify potential security risks.
- Creates an automatically bootable OS image of the installed security solution to clean deeply nested malware and restore system operations.
Intelligent Server Operations
- Password protected uninstallation.
- Automatic exclusion of critical server files – recognizes server software such as Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft IIS, and detects server roles. Excluding critical server files – like data stores and paging files – from on-access scanning lowers overhead by reducing system demands.
- Identification of user accounts used in infiltration attempts.
For more information, visit: ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server.
*Source: Microsoft SharePoint Conference Keynote (2011)
ESET® is on the forefront of proactive endpoint protection, delivering trusted security solutions to make the Internet safer. For over 25 years, ESET has helped customers get the most out of their technology by creating a more secure and trusted online experience with antivirus software for consumers and endpoint security solutions for businesses. Award-winning ESET NOD32® Antivirus technology has detected 100% of the WildList Organization "In-the-Wild" malware samples since testing began in 1998. ESET has received over 75 VB100 awards and consistently earns high ratings from AV-Comparatives, Virus Bulletin, AV-TEST and other independent testing organizations. ESET NOD32® Antivirus, ESET Smart Security®, ESET® Endpoint Solutions, ESET® Mobile Security and ESET® Cyber Security (solution for Mac®) are trusted by millions of users and are among the most recommended security solutions in the world. IDC has recognized ESET as a top-five corporate anti-malware provider.
ESET has global headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia), with operations in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina) and Singapore; and offices in Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Prague (Czech Republic). ESET has malware research centers in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Prague, Košice (Slovakia), Krakow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia) and an extensive partner network for more than 180 countries. For more information, visit www.eset.com/us or call + 1 (619) 876 5400.