SAN FRANCISCO, April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Esurance, the direct-to-consumer personal car insurance company, is now offering car insurance in North Carolina.
Esurance empowers Tar Heel State drivers to make smart choices about their car insurance by providing affordable rates, comparison quotes from other leading insurance companies, a convenient mobile app, and 24/7 customer service.
The company is backed by Allstate, the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S. Drivers who choose Esurance have a wealth of useful interactive online tools and technology that make the car insurance process easier and more transparent, including:
- A website that is number one for its overall ability to support car insurance customers. Esurance came out on top in a 2012 survey¹ by the Customer Respect Group, besting insurance companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Nationwide.
- Coverage Counselor® — helps North Carolina drivers select the right coverages for their insurance needs. The Coverage Counselor enables drivers to see how their personal circumstances impact their insurance premiums². Questions and suggestions are state-specific, so consumers get highly relevant information that can help them make better, more informed decisions about what levels of insurance coverage may be right for them.
- What If™ Calculator — provides Esurance customers with a personalized3 estimate of how tickets, accidents, changing vehicles, or moving can raise — or even lower — their car insurance premiums. Users simply answer a question or two, and then Esurance does the math, showing the before and after premium.
- Express Lane™ — helps make shopping for car insurance faster and easier. Consumers shopping for car insurance on the Esurance website or their smartphone can save time and reduce hassle by automatically prefilling data4 about their (or their spouse's) drivers license number, their vehicle's VIN, year, make, model, and prior insurance information, the number of years insured, and their current insurance coverage levels.
- RepairView® — Esurance policyholders can receive notifications and daily photos of their vehicle being repaired directly from a repair shop, allowing them to monitor the entire car repair process from any computer or smartphone. RepairView helps make the claims process more transparent and gives customers peace of mind that their car is getting fixed.
1 Customer Respect Group, June 2012: "Auto-Insurers Online Self-Service Report 2012: Leaders and Laggards Who is Leading (and Who is Falling Behind) in the Race to Deliver Superior Online Interactions?"
2 The information provided in Coverage Counselor is not used for rating, underwriting, or any purpose unrelated to the tool. Coverage Counselor is meant to highlight certain factors consumers may wish to consider in choosing coverage. The information presented is of a general nature based on the information provided and is not meant to recommend specific coverage levels for consumers to purchase. Coverage Counselor may not present all coverages, limits, or deductibles that could be available to you. Actual coverages vary by state and are subject to individual eligibility. Other terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. The information provided is stored only in aggregate, and is disassociated from any quotes or policies. Consumers' answers are not stored in relation to a quote or policy created.
3 The tool will be used for informational purposes only. Actual changes will not be made to the policy. The amount of time it takes for tickets to impact a consumer's rate varies by ticket type and state. What If Calculator estimates are calculated by using common assumptions about factors, such as coverage levels, driving record, mileage, length of ownership period, and bodily injury limits. The 6-month quote that the What If Calculator will display will be based on the policyholder's current payment plan. Other factors, such as recent policy changes, upcoming rate changes, and discounts, could also impact a price.
4 The success of retrieving this information and the ability to prefill using outside data sources will vary by user. Esurance does not guarantee that all data can be prefilled for every consumer.
Esurance provides auto insurance direct to consumers online, over the phone, and through select agents, including sister company, Answer Financial. With an easy-to-use mobile app, quick comparison quotes, and online repair monitoring, Esurance is the smart choice for today's web-savvy consumer. As a member of the Allstate family with an A+ rating from A.M. Best, Esurance is a reliable choice for car insurance, offering anytime, anywhere service just a click, call, or tap away. For more information, visit www.esurance.com or call 1-800-ESURANCE (1-800-378-7262).