FRENCH LICK, Ind., May 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Fans at the Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid, which starts today at the Pete Dye Course at French Lick Resort, are witnessing first-hand what happens when cooking and golf come together. With more than 300 large and small appliances spread across the golf course and the French Lick community, fans have a chance to get up close and personal with the latest in kitchen gadgetry from the KitchenAid brand.
"I love how people's eyes light up when they make the connection between golf and culinary experiences," said Deb O'Connor, director of global partnerships for KitchenAid. "This week, we are sharing our reimagined kitchen with thousands of golf fans in an experience not seen anywhere else."
KitchenAid on the Course
- The KitchenAid Experience, which is situated at the highest point on the golf course, is featuring a new line of major appliances as well as dozens of sleek countertop appliances.
- Standing 17-feet tall and showcasing more than 54 colorful stand mixers and a selection of attachments, the Stand Mixer Stadium is greeting fans as they enter the Championship.
- Colorful stand mixers on pedestals are lining the walkway as fans descend upon the Championship.
KitchenAid is also helping to turn downtown French Lick into a festival of the senses during the Rollin' Into Summer Festival, held Friday, May 22 through Sunday, May 24. A beautiful and functional KitchenAid kitchen is being built to feature many newly designed products and famed Chef Christopher Covelli, senior chef instructor at Toscana Saporita Cooking School in Italy, will entertain fans with cooking demonstrations and interactive culinary experiences.
Hours of operation:
- Friday: 3 p.m. ET – 6:30 p.m. ET
- Saturday and Sunday: Noon ET – 6:30 p.m. ET
KitchenAid has also taken up residence for the week at the KitchenAid Experience store along the promenade in downtown French Lick to offer visitors the chance to purchase products and have them shipped directly home, from 10 a.m. ET–7:30 p.m. ET, Friday through Sunday.
Megan Godfrey, 708-214-4287, firstname.lastname@example.org