FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Jan. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Everything Channel, a UBM Company, today recounted the successful results of the 2010 [email protected] program, designed to provide support to local communities throughout the United States and launched in conjunction with Everything Channel events. In 2010, [email protected] executed eight successful projects to benefit the United Way, Make-a-Wish Foundation and Cradles to Crayons, among others. Everything Channel also announced plans to develop and expand the program in 2011, incorporating projects into the full calendar of events. The Boys and Girls Clubs of America has been identified as a primary recipient for the 2011 [email protected] projects.
The response to the Dayton Heights School Makeover and Supporting Our Troops projects at the flagship XChange events earlier this year revealed a high level of interest in charitable giving. As a result, Everything Channel extended the [email protected] program to its smaller, targeted events to offer attendees the opportunity to give in-kind and monetary donations to local organizations.
"We consistently hear from our partners, sponsors, and attendees how much they appreciate the opportunity to participate in charitable projects," said Lisa Mackenzie, Senior Vice President of Events at Everything Channel. "And we see and hear from the nonprofit organizations how much impact our contributions make – especially in this economy, with the increased number of people in need of support services. We are thrilled to continue our [email protected] program and provide the opportunity to connect charitable organizations with giving individuals and corporations to make a difference in the lives of so many."
2010 [email protected] Program at a Glance:
- XChange Solution Provider: Dayton Heights Elementary School received a technology makeover in their computer lab, library, and teachers' workroom.
- XChange Americas: Military personnel from Wounded Warrior Regiment and 301st Fighter Wing were honored with technology packages and monetary gifts.
- Women of the Channel Receptions: Dress for Success received clothing and accessory donations to help disadvantaged women prepare to enter the workforce.
- CRN Fast Growth: Cradles to Crayons received collected clothing, car seats, and toys for homeless and in-need children in the Boston area.
- XChange Tech Innovator: Make-a-Wish was given funding to grant a child a dream room makeover, with special editions from supporting vendor sponsors Cisco, Eaton, Novell, and Service Key.
- Healthcare IT Summit: Children's National Medical Center was sent items on its wishlist, collected from attendees and supporting sponsors HealthEdge, Kodak, and Motorola – as well as nearly $1200 collected in a Donation Dash.
- Women of the Channel Winter Workshop: Safe Horizon received more than 150 toys and warm weather accessories for the holidays in addition to cash donations.
- COMDEXvirtual: United Way (charity selected by XChange [email protected] program underwriter, Microsoft) received a $1500 contribution to the Hope for the Holidays Giving Program from Everything Channel to jumpstart the event's online giving challenge.
"We are thrilled with this donation," said United Way President, Paul Mina in response to the Everything Channel contribution made in conjunction with the COMDEXvirtual event. "A donation from a local business is further proof that the will to provide hope for children and families, who are struggling to find magical moments this holiday season, is thriving. We're all working toward making our world a better one – and we're starting right here in our community."
Read more about the program in the [email protected] 2010 Recap.
Looking Ahead to 2011
Everything Channel has selected the Boys and Girls Clubs of America for 2011 [email protected] projects. With community-based clubs throughout the U.S., the Boys and Girls Clubs of America is an ideal partner organization for making host city connections. The Clubs' life-enhancing programs for young people utilize a variety of technologies, creating additional opportunities for collections and donations of products or services. The [email protected] program team will connect with clubs in event host cities to coordinate projects that meet the specific needs of each location. To kick off the year, Everything Channel will host a "Build-a-Bike" project at the XChange Solution Provider event in Orlando, Florida. The long standing partnership with Dress for Success will also continue, featured at each Women of the Channel reception within events.
For more information about [email protected], please visit: http://www.everythingchannel.com/events/channel-at-work.htm.
Everything Channel is the premier provider of IT channel-focused events, media, research, consulting, and sales and marketing services. With over 30 years of experience and engagement, Everything Channel has the unmatched channel expertise to execute integrated solutions for technology executives managing partner recruitment, enablement and go-to-market strategy in order to accelerate technology sales. Everything Channel is a UBM company. To learn more about Everything Channel, visit us at http://www.everythingchannel.com.
United Business Media Limited (www.unitedbusinessmedia.com)
UBM (UBM.L) focuses on two principal activities: worldwide information distribution, targeting and monitoring; and, the development and monetization of B2B communities and markets. UBM's businesses inform markets and serve professional commercial communities - from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewelry traders, from farmers to pharmacists – with integrated events, online, print and business information products. Our 6,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into specialist teams that serve these communities, bringing buyers and sellers together, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
SOURCE Everything Channel