LONDON, Dec. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) - the world's largest online travel company with brands including Expedia.com, Hotels.com and Expedia Affiliate Network, amongst others - was named by Glassdoor UK as the Best Place to Work in 2017. Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Awards program, now in its ninth year, relies solely on the input of employees, who elect to provide feedback on their jobs, work environments and companies via Glassdoor®. Expedia is the first company of its size to rank #1 for two consecutive years since Glassdoor launched its Best Place to Work rankings.
"The Expedia Group, the parent company of Hotels.com L.P., made a total global investment of $830M in technology last year to keep the industry and our partners at the forefront of tech development and consumer appetite," said Johan Svanstrom, President of the Hotels.com and Expedia Affiliate Network brands. "Similarly, we continue to invest in attracting and retaining a fantastic team of employees from very diverse backgrounds. They really drive ideation and execution of great services to partners and customers and enable our company to stay ahead in the ever-changing travel tech landscape. The combination of our talent with an outspoken culture of fun, openness and true ambition makes Expedia such a great place to work."
Gary Morrison, Senior Vice President, Retail, Brand Expedia added: "It's a great honour to be recognised by Glassdoor UK for the second consecutive year, particularly as the results are calculated solely from employee feedback. One of the main reasons our employees love working here is they are given a voice to directly shape our path and are invested in our success. We empower everyone at all levels to share their ideas and test and learn new ways to make the travel experience better, which, in turn, fosters a creative work environment."
Expedia's test and learn culture, a philosophy first established within its engineering teams, is one of the biggest contributors to employee engagement. Test and learn relies on data, not hierarchy, to determine the outcome when evaluating new ideas and making decisions. The approach empowers all team members to put forward new ideas, and this ability to directly shape strategy is one of the primary reasons employees consider Expedia a Great Place to Work.
On Glassdoor, current and former employees of companies worldwide can share insights and opinions about their work environments by sharing a company review, designed to capture a genuine and authentic inside look at what it's like to work at particular jobs and companies. The Best Places to Work are determined using company reviews shared by UK-based employees between November 2, 2015 and October 30, 2016. The final list is compiled based on Glassdoor's proprietary algorithm, and takes into account quantity, quality and consistency of reviews.
The complete list of the Glassdoor Best Places to Work in the UK for 2017: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Award/Best-Places-to-Work-UK-LST_KQ0,22.htm
In addition to the Glassdoor recognition, Expedia was named by leading news and views website and monthly magazine dedicated to the online travel industry, Travolution, as 'Brand of the Year' at their recent Travolution 2016 Awards.
About the Expedia group:
The Expedia group (NASDAQ: EXPE) is the world's largest online travel company, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes leading online travel brands, such as:
- Expedia.com®, a leading full service online travel company with localized sites in 33 countries
- Hotels.com®, a preeminent global lodging expert operating in more than 65 countries and 35 languages with its award winning Hotels.com® Rewards loyalty program
- Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries
- Expedia® Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions
- trivago®, a leading online hotel search with sites in 55 countries worldwide
- HomeAway®, a global online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, which also includes the Abritel, FeWo-direkt and BedandBreakfast.com brands, among others
- Egencia®, a leading corporate travel management company
- Travelocity®, a leading online travel brand in the U.S. and Canada delivering customer service when and where our customers need it with the Customer 1st Guarantee
- Hotwire®, inspiring spontaneous travel through Hot Rate® deals
- Expedia® Media Solutions, the advertising sales division of the Expedia group that builds media partnerships and enables brand advertisers to target a highly-qualified audience of travel consumers
- Wotif Group, a leading portfolio of travel brands including Wotif.com®, Wotif.co.nz, lastminute.com.au®, lastminute.co.nz and travel.com.au®
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- CarRentals.com™, a premier online car rental booking company with localized sites in 13 countries
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities, experiences and ground transportation in over a thousand destinations worldwide
- Venere.com™, an online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, a provider of exceptional value and expert advice for travelers booking cruises and vacations through its network of over 225 retail travel agency franchises across North America
Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. © 2016 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50
Glassdoor is the world's most transparent jobs and recruiting marketplace that is changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent. Glassdoor combines job listings with anonymous reviews, ratings and salary data to help people find a job and company they love. This level of transparency, in turn, helps employers attract the right candidates for their company and culture at a fraction of the cost of other channels. Glassdoor offers employers job advertising, job posting and employer branding solutions in addition to robust talent analytics. Launched in 2008, Glassdoor has job listings and data for more than 600,000 employers in 190 countries and is available on iOS and Android platforms. For labor market trends and analysis, visit Glassdoor Economic Research. For career advice and job-related news and tips, visit the Glassdoor Blog.
Glassdoor® is a registered trademark of Glassdoor, Inc.
Emma Tagg, Senior Global PR Manager
Phone: 020 3194 5300
Taylor L. Cole, APR
Hotels.com North America
Phone: (469) 335-8442
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/expedia-group-named-uk-best-place-to-work-in-2017-a-glassdoor-employees-choice-award-300375818.html
SOURCE Expedia Group