LAS VEGAS, Oct. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Imagine world-class athletes outfitted in thousands of handmade costumes and silk-screened fabrics, moving in, on and above the most advanced stage technology and equipment in the world, moving to music flowing from a sound system that contains over 6,300 speakers. This is the everyday reality for the casts and crews who help bring the seven Las Vegas Cirque du Soleil shows to life every night. And for the first time ever, the audience is being invited to look behind the curtain, ask questions and get up-close access during Cirque Week Nov. 29 – Dec. 5. In partnership with the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA), Cirque Week will offer guests show experiences that only Cirque du Soleil and Las Vegas could deliver.
Some of the unique activities being offered during Cirque Week include:
- Custom Theater Technology Demonstration and Q&A at the LOVE Theatre at The Mirage featuring a state-of-the-art sound demonstration through over 6,300 custom-made speakers.
- Go Behind the Scenes with Zumanity, the Sensual Side of Cirque du Soleil at New York –New York Hotel and Casino to watch an exclusive dress rehearsal on stage and take part in a Q&A session with cast and crew.
- Viva ELVIS Acoustic Musical Performance and Q&A with the Music Supervisor – Relax in Gold Lounge at ARIA Resort & Casino at CityCenter as the Viva ELVIS musicians serenade you with an acoustic performance from the show followed by a Q&A to explain what it was like to re-imagine music from one of the most notable entertainers of all time, Elvis Presley.
- Meet & Greet with celebrity Criss Angel following CRISS ANGEL Believe at Luxor (Limited Capacity).
- KA Theatre Pre-set & Tech Q&A – Witness an impressive technical presentation of the KA stage at MGM Grand and Q&A with the people who work on the colossal, 360 degree rotating stage which forms the backdrop for this cinematic journey of aerial adventure and perpendicular acrobatics.
- Q&A with "O" Coaches – Dive into the aquatic world of "O" at Bellagio with this exclusive, behind-the-scenes Q&A with the coaches who keep this show flowing nightly.
- Cirque du Soleil Creative & Technical Panel – Cirque Week guests will get an intimate look into what goes into making a Cirque du Soleil production from the people who work behind-the-scenes to keep the shows and the company running smoothly.
- Mystere Taiko Drum Demonstration and Costume Q&A presented by the talented Mystere percussionist and Taiko soloist. Enjoy a costume display and conversation with the head of wardrobe about the challenges of creating over 10,000 costumes for Mystere at Treasure Island.
In addition to the variety of amazing ticket packages and an all-access pass to the private events, attendees will receive discounts on Cirque du Soleil merchandise as well as an exclusive Cirque du Soleil gift bag.
"Cirque Week is an incredible opportunity for fans to experience our shows in a new and intimate way," said Jordan Fiksenbaum, Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations for Cirque du Soleil. "Our seven unique shows in Las Vegas offer seven totally different experiences to learn more about Cirque du Soleil and the people involved both in front of and behind the curtain of these amazing productions."
Show offers start at $160 for a two-show package and range up to a $450 package that includes tickets to all seven Las Vegas Cirque du Soleil productions.
"Year-round entertainment offerings in Las Vegas appeal to a global audience," said Cathy Tull, senior vice president of marketing at the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. "We are delighted to host Cirque Week – this one-of-a-kind experience will provide travelers worldwide another reason to visit fabulous Las Vegas."
To purchase tickets or for more information please go to VisitLasVegas.com/CirqueWeek or call 877-708-4662.
About Cirque du Soleil
From a group of 20 street performers at its beginnings in 1984, Cirque du Soleil is a major Quebec-based organization providing high-quality artistic entertainment. The company has 5,000 employees, including more than 1,200 artists from close to 50 different countries. Cirque du Soleil has brought wonder and delight to close to 100 million spectators in 300 cities on five continents.
In Las Vegas, Cirque du Soleil has seven permanent resident shows. These productions include Mystere at Treasure Island, "O" at Bellagio, Zumanity the Sensual Side of Cirque du Soleil at New York-New York Hotel & Casino, KA at MGM Grand, The Beatles LOVE at Mirage, CRISS ANGEL Believe at Luxor and Viva ELVIS at ARIA Resort & Casino at CityCenter. For more information, visit the Cirque du Soleil website at www.cirquedusoleil.com/lasvegas.
About the LVCVA
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center and Cashman Center. With approximately 148,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and more than 10.5-million-square-feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA mission centers on attracting ever-increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area. For more information, go to www.VisitLasVegas.com.
SOURCE Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA)