NEW YORK, Aug. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Virtuoso®, the global travel agency network renowned for creating exceptional experiences, is hosting its first-ever Mexico, South America and Caribbean Virtual Travel Show on Wednesday, September 5, 2012 from 1-6pm EDT. Attendees have a rare opportunity to mingle online with 21 of the world's best South American, Mexican and Caribbean travel companies and Virtuoso's travel advisors – all one needs to plan the perfect getaway. Specific destinations include Chile, Mexico, Peru and Argentina, which are sought-after spots for active travelers, families, honeymooners and singles alike. Travel incentives for participants include offers for free nights' stay, spa and resort credits, hotel upgrades, complimentary round-trip transfers and special savings. The first 100 attendees also have the opportunity to win cash gift cards.
Virtuoso's Virtual Travel Show allows attendees to access invaluable travel information from the convenience of their own homes or anywhere they have Internet connectivity. Would-be travelers can visit online exhibits and engage in question-and-answer sessions with upscale cruise lines, hotels, tour operators, on-site ground operators, airlines, specialty travel providers and the tourism boards representing these prime locales.
"What separates this experience from a typical web search is that it's interactive rather than one-sided and, more importantly, everything has been vetted by Virtuoso; there's no clutter of unwanted material or concern that a product has been misrepresented," says Kristi Jones, President and COO of Virtuoso. "Whether new to the Virtuoso network or an established client, consumers will find value in the information exchange with some of Virtuoso's most renowned travel companies, as well as access to some of the best travel advisors in the industry. Participants will come away from it better informed and inspired to see the world."
The specifics for Virtuoso's Virtual Travel Show:
- The show takes place on Wednesday, September 5, 1:00-6:00pm EDT/10:00am-3:00pm PDT.
- Attendees should register in advance at www.virtuoso.com. Virtuoso is currently waiving the registration fee.
- Destination Immersion Webinars for Chile, Mexico, Peru and Argentina available at www.virtuoso.com.
- Exclusive offers and promotions for Mexico, South America and Caribbean travel are available via Virtuoso's online Destination Guide at www.virtuoso.com.
- Technical requirements include a computer with internet access. High-speed Internet (Cable, DSL, Network) and computers running Windows PC with Internet Explorer 6.0 minimum or Firefox x 3.6, or a Mac with Firefox 3.6 or Safari 4.x or higher, will provide the best quality. The basic functionality is similar to visiting any website and playing a video with sound. No need for a phone, as sound will play through the computer.
Although the live interaction portion of the show takes place on September 5th, consumers can access all special promotions and travel information throughout the month of September. For more information, visit www.virtuoso.com.