50 Talk Hosts Staging Capitol Hill "Town Hall" Broadcast April 17 and 18
WASHINGTON, April 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The long-anticipated immigration bill, negotiated behind closed doors by the Senate Gang of Eight is expected to be introduced Tuesday, April 16. The very next day, radio talk hosts broadcasting live to a nationwide audience from a single location on Capitol Hill will discuss and debate what is likely to be the most significant piece of legislation of the 113th Congress.
50 talk radio hosts coming to Washington from around the country will focus their programs exclusively on the immigration bill to make sure the American public knows what is in the bill, how it affects them and to encourage their listeners to call their representatives to oppose it. Hold Their Feet to the Fire 2013, an annual radio row event organized by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), will occur on April 17 and 18 at the Phoenix Park Hotel.
In addition to the talk radio hosts, Hold Their Feet to the Fire 2013 will feature immigration experts who will be speaking with the radio hosts and media:
- Leading congressional members who oppose an illegal alien amnesty.
- Legislative experts who will provide detailed analysis of the Gang of Eight legislation.
- Policy experts who will provide information about the impact of the Gang of Eight legislation on American workers and taxpayers.
- Sheriffs from around the country who openly dispute claims that America's borders are secure.
- ICE personnel who will discuss how the Obama administration is systematically undermining immigration law enforcement at the border and in the interior of the country.
- Border ranchers testifying how they are losing their land and fear for their personal safety as illegal alien crossings continue and drug cartel activity increases.
"Talk radio and Hold Their Feet to the Fire were instrumental in defeating similar legislation in 2007. This year, talk radio and Hold Their Feet to the Fire will again inform the American people about a bill that rewards illegal aliens and cheap labor employers, and punishes law-abiding American workers and taxpayers," said Dan Stein, president of FAIR.
"Talk radio is an accurate bellwether of public opinion, particularly on the immigration issue, and lawmakers will do well to listen, engage and respond to what they see and hear over these two days of continuous broadcasting. The deal is not sealed yet, thanks to talk radio and this event. The American people are about to find out that there is nothing in this legislation for them, except worthless promises of enhanced enforcement in the future, more taxpayer cost, and more competition for scarce jobs," Stein continued.
Credentialed media are invited and encouraged to attend Hold Their Feet to the Fire 2013. Radio hosts, expert guests, and spokespeople for FAIR will be available for interviews to discuss why they've come to Washington and what they, and their listeners, want instead of amnesty.
WHAT Hold Their Feet to the Fire 2013 Radio Row
WHEN April 17 and 18 from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm
WHERE Phoenix Park Hotel, 520 North Capitol St. NW
WHO 50 talk radio hosts, dozens of members of Congress, law enforcement and other policy experts.
SOURCE Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR)