FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., May 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Family Flora™ from America's Naturals, a prebiotic and probiotic supplement, is now available in Target stores nationwide. Until now, Family Flora™ products were only sold online.
Probiotics are easily one of the most in-demand products today in natural and conventional retail stores. But, unlike most of the brands available, Family Flora™ contains a blend of both probiotics and prebiotics, called Synbiotics.
"These items can be purchased separately but Family Flora combines them into one product, one dose," said Kathleen Brock, COO of America's Naturals. "When used together, the synergy achieved by mixing the good bacteria (probiotics) with prebiotics creates the most beneficial ingredients to cultivate healthy gut flora. Prebiotics are essentially a type of non-soluble fiber and function as 'food' or 'fertilizer' for our gut flora."
Every Family Flora™ product delivers a carefully chosen blend of probiotics that have been formulated to survive the harsh conditions of the gastro-intestinal (GI) tract and replicate to support colonization. Each different Family Flora product has been invitro tested to demonstrate this survivability, and to also address a particular consumer need.
The four Family Flora™ supplements now available at Target include:
- Daily Balance, the everyday blend for adults, or Junior Daily Balance, particularly developed with "little tummies" in mind.
- Family Flora's Colon Support, to help those with difficulty with digestion or "angry colon" days. These issues are often caused by an inability to digest certain foods. Probiotics help us break down foods so they digest comfortably.
- Flora Renew, to help recover from the effects of certain drugs like broad-spectrum antibiotics, which can interrupt the balance of flora in the gut causing gastric upset.
The research on probiotics continues to evolve but science is now demonstrating that the body's microbiome and gut health are critical to overall health. "The concept of GI tract health and how it relates to our overall health is a work in progress. However, Hippocrates knew this back in circa 460-370 BC when he stated, 'All disease begins in the gut'…we are all finally starting to believe him," added Brock.
Three additional products, Senior Daily Balance, Pet Balance for dogs and cats, and Traveler's Relief for those who may face digestive discomfort due to a change in schedules and diet while traveling, can be purchased online at FamilyFlora.com and other respected online retailers.
All current Family Flora™ products come in convenient stick packs of powder to be mixed with food or any cold beverage for easy dosing to pets, kids, seniors or anyone on the go.
Family Flora™ combines several scientifically studied strains of beneficial bacteria in its multibillion-count synbiotic formulas that feature:
- Diverse strain selection suited to a consumer's particular needs.
- High quality, stable cultures that reach the GI tract alive so they can replicate – essential to produce the desired results.
- Sufficient potency guaranteed until the expiration date — not just at time of manufacture like many other brands claim.
Family Flora's packaging, design and media campaign have been developed by Van's General Store, a creative collective that crafts advertising, content, experiences, products, package design and fine art in the service of brands and people. Led by advertising veteran and artist Scott Carlson and actor, director and storytelling mastermind Liev Schreiber, VGSNY also created the packaging for Nergia, the natural energy shot from America's Naturals.
America's Naturals is committed to using the highest quality ingredients and rigid manufacturing practice standards (GMP) as it supervises and conducts in vitro and human studies. Family Flora™ formulas contain no artificial flavors or sweeteners and are non-GMO, Kosher and sodium-free.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/family-flora-probiotic-plus-prebiotic-supplements-now-available-at-target-stores-nationwide-300273882.html
SOURCE Family Flora