DENVER, March 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Fathom Events, the world's largest event cinema company, has now stepped forward to become the leading distributor of faith-based and inspirational theatrical content, delivering to over 2100 screens in 44 countries and up to 800+ churches in the continental US through the Fathom Affinity Network.
Today at the National Religious Broadcasters conference, Proclaim 19, the company unveiled its upcoming lineup to reach faith-inspired audiences nationwide.
"Being able to address the needs of a large and underserved audience with important theatrical events is our mission," said Fathom Events CEO Ray Nutt. "We have seen significant growth from Christian audiences who have demonstrated their joy in these communal screenings which now can be experienced both at a partner movie theater or in the comfort of their own church," said Ray Nutt, CEO of Fathom Events.
The newest slate of Faith and Inspirational titles includes:
- Sight and Sound: Noah (April 9, 11, 13) Travel with Noah as he fulfills God's command, even amidst seemingly impossible odds and the scrutiny of onlookers. Experience this extraordinary Bible story as it comes to life in jaw-dropping scale as Noah leads live animals inside the Ark – with sets towering four stories above the stage!
- Pilgrim's Progress (April 18 and 20) The most popular book of all time (next to the Bible) is coming to movie theaters for the first time ever as a feature length, animated movie! In this exciting film event, we will join Christian on his epic journey from the City of Destruction to the Celestial City as the ultimate enemy tries everything in his power to distract him from his journey.
- Bright Ones (April 22) From the creative minds of award-winning Bethel Music, comes this high energy and heartfelt story by writer/directors Fred Vassallo and David Noroña, that combines incredible dance with powerful songs to reveal even kids can change the world, when they find their voice and tell their story.
- Kingdom Men Rising (April 29 and 30) Kingdom Men Rising is a documentary film exploring what it means to be a real man in the midst of cultural trends in which there is confusion about masculinity. The film wrestles honestly with the unique questions and circumstances men face today.
- Chonda Pierce: Unashamed (May 7 and 9) The film features conversations with such personalities as former Arkansas Governor and Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and authors/speakers/real estate entrepreneurs the Benham Brothers, as well as GRAMMY®-nominated Newsboys front man Michael Tait and Dove Award-winning singer/songwriter Danny Gokey, among others. Humor and wisdom abound as Pierce and her guests candidly share personal stories of speaking Truth to culture, no matter the circumstance.
- Emanuel (June 17 and 19) National headlines blazed the story: Churchgoers Gunned Down During Prayer Service in Charleston, South Carolina. After a 21-year-old white supremacist opened fire in the church, nine African Americans lay dead—leaving their families and the nation to grapple with this senseless act of terror.
In 2019, Fathom plans to distribute 22 Faith and Inspiration titles bringing its 5-year total to 75 titles in this category with a projected gross box office of more than $54 million.
For artwork/photos related to any of the upcoming events, visit the Fathom Events press site.
About Fathom Events
Fathom Events is the leading event cinema distributor with theater locations in all top 100 DMAs® (Designated Market Areas) and ranks as one of the largest overall theater content distributors. Owned by AMC Entertainment Inc. (NYSE: AMC); Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK); and Regal, a subsidiary of the Cineworld Group (LSE: CINE.L), Fathom Events offers a variety of unique entertainment events in movie theaters such as live performances of the Metropolitan Opera, top Broadway stage productions, major sporting events, epic concerts, the yearlong TCM Big Screen Classics series, inspirational events and popular anime franchises. Fathom Events takes audiences behind the scenes for unique extras including audience Q&As, backstage footage and interviews with cast and crew, creating the ultimate VIP experience. Fathom Events' live Digital Broadcast Network ("DBN") is the largest cinema broadcast network in North America, bringing live and pre-recorded events to 975 locations and 1,578 screens in 181 DMAs. The company also provides corporations a compelling national footprint for hosting employee meetings, customer rewards events and new product launches. For more information, visit www.FathomEvents.com.
About Faith Content Network, LLC
The Faith Content Network is a network of churches that presents new, faith-driven, theatrical events available in tandem with exclusive Fathom Events, providing local churches day-and-date access to first run, event-ized theatrical releases. FCN is a joint venture between Collide Media Group and in:ciite Events, each with a deep history marketing and distributing faith content to the evangelical Christian audience. Collectively, both companies have worked on over 65 films, generating more than 1 billion dollars in box office revenue, and have produced hundreds of events reaching tens of thousands of churches. For more information about FCN, visit www.FaithContentNetwork.com.
SOURCE Fathom Events