AUBURN HILLS, Mich., April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to a series of tornadoes that recently hit Northern Illinois communities, the FCA Foundation, the charitable arm of FCA US LLC, today announced a $25,000 donation to United Way of Rock River Valley.
The funds will go directly into the Northern Illinois Disaster Relief Fund to provide temporary housing and other emergency relief for families affected by the tornadoes in Boone, DeKalb, Lee, Ogle and Winnebago counties.
"We recognize that natural disasters can have overwhelming social and economic impact on both individuals and communities," Dominic Ventola, Plant Manager, Belvidere Assembly Plant, said. "We hope by joining forces with our friends and neighbors we can help families get back on their feet and into their homes quickly."
FCA US operates the Belvidere Assembly Plant in Boone County, which is approximately 15 miles north of Fairdale, one of four hardest hit communities.
According to United Way, individuals may contribute specifically to the long-term recovery needs of the communities devastated by tornadoes by giving to the Northern Illinois Disaster Relief Fund, which is a collaborative effort between United Way of Rock River Valley, Kishwaukee United Way, United Way of Boone County and United Way of Lee County.
How to Give:
- TEXT the phrase HELP15 to 41444
- Donate online by visiting www.unitedwayrrv.org/help15
"We are incredibly thankful of the FCA Foundation for their support in empowering families to rebuild after this month's destructive tornadoes. The Northern Illinois Disaster Relief Fund and the support from FCA Foundation illustrates the collective power of caring people working together to LIVE UNITED," Paul A. Logli, President & CEO, United Way of Rock River Valley, said.
The FCA Foundation, FCA US and its brands have a long history of supporting its communities – throughout the United States and the world -- in their time of need.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Northern Illinois," Jody Trapasso, Senior Vice President - External Affairs, FCA - North America and President of the FCA Foundation, said. "We are heartened by their unwavering spirit during this difficult time and we are humbled to support relief efforts."
Recent disaster relief support provided by the Company and the FCA Foundation includes:
- September 2013 – The FCA Foundation donated $50,000 to the First Response Team of America, a non-profit disaster relief organization that is actively engaged in Colorado to clear and rebuild impassable roads
- May 2013 − The FCA Foundation announced grants totaling $50,000 collectively to United Way of Howard County and the Tipton County Foundation to assist residents in North Central Indiana displaced by flooding
- May 2013 − In the wake of the devastating tornado that hit Moore and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, the FCA Foundation donated $100,000 to First Response Team of America
- November 2012 – In response to superstorm Sandy, the Ram Truck brand donated 20 Ram 1500 Tradesman trucks and $100,000 to the American Red Cross
- June 2012 – The FCA Foundation donated $100,000 to the Emilia-Romagna Earthquake Relief Fund in Italy
About United Way of Rock River Valley
United Way of Rock River Valley advances the common good in Winnebago and Ogle counties, creating opportunities for a better life for all by focusing on the three key building blocks of education, income and health. United Way recruits people and organizations that bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. LIVE UNITED® is a call to action for everyone to become a part of the change. For more information about United Way, please visit www.unitedwayrrv.org.
About the FCA Foundation
Since 1953, the FCA Foundation, the charitable arm of FCA US LLC, has invested more $500 million in charitable organizations and initiatives that help empower people, and build strong, viable communities. The FCA Foundation invests in programs that generate meaningful and measurable societal impacts in the following areas:
- Education – programs that inspire young minds, particularly in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM);
- Military – programs that support financial and basic needs of military service members, veterans and their families;
- Multicultural/Diversity – programs that promote inclusion and opportunity for diverse populations; and
- Youth Development – programs that help young people develop the skills and leadership qualities to succeed in school, at work, and in life.
Additionally, FCA US seeks opportunities to support communities through its Motor Citizens® volunteer program. This innovative program enables FCA US salaried employees to use 18 hours of paid time each year to be an Engine for Change by investing their time and talents in community service projects.
SOURCE FCA US LLC