AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Sept. 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- FCA Foundation donates $200,000 to fund disaster relief efforts
- FCA US employees donate supplies
As Texas continues to face unprecedented flooding caused by Hurricane Harvey, FCA US LLC and the FCA Foundation have partnered with disaster relief organizations to support residents and communities affected by the storm.
The FCA Foundation, the charitable arm of FCA US, announced a total of $200,000 in grants to three disaster relief organizations that provide resources in communities across the country. Americares will receive $50,000 and First Response Team of America and Team Rubicon will each receive $75,000. All three organizations are currently providing disaster relief support to the residents of Texas.
- Americares is focused on meeting the immediate health needs of those affected by the storm. The organization is well positioned to provide the critical medicines and supplies needed and help restore health services to the area.
- Team Rubicon has activated three floodwater rescue teams in Operation Shallow Draft, focused on Galveston and Harris counties. Additionally, two reconnaissance teams will work with local authorities in Victoria and Nueces counties to assess the situation and begin to determine where Team Rubicon can answer unmet needs.
- First Response Team of America is currently working in Rockport and Aransas Pass, Texas, clearing roads for first responders to do search and rescue, and for those areas where it is safe to return. The team is also clearing the way for homeowners to come back to their homes, assisting with clearing home sites and will soon head to Houston to do the same.
FCA US Employees in Michigan and Indiana Donate Essential Items
FCA US through its Motor Citizens employee volunteer program is partnering with Disaster Relief at Work (DRAW) to collect cleaning supplies at the Company's Auburn Hills (Michigan) Complex. The Motor Citizens will also help sort and package the supplies at DRAW's warehouse in Waterford, Mich.
FCA US is also rallying its Southeast Michigan employees to "Stuff A Semi" – an initiative led by a group of local concerned businesses. Subsequently, the Houston Flood Relief Agency will ensure the donated toiletries, clothing and other essentials supplies are delivered to those in need.
Additionally, FCA US employees in Indiana are donating non-perishable food and toiletries to support the Midwest Food Bank Indianapolis, which will facilitate the delivery of the supplies to Texas.
About the FCA Foundation
The FCA Foundation is committed to rebalancing inequalities to promote the full realization of every human being. We seek to support outcomes in our communities that ensure people can enjoy equality and dignity. The FCA Foundation directs its resources toward the following areas of focus:
- Youth Development – helping young people develop the leadership qualities and resiliency necessary to succeed in school, at work, and in life.
- Education – building the skills and competencies that lead to achievement and support educational access and success.
- Military/Veterans – ensuring veterans successfully transition to civilian life and that the needs of military service members and their families are supported.
- Service – leveraging the talents and contributions of all members of the community.
Note: Applications for funding are accepted by invitation only.
SOURCE FCA US LLC