PARSIPPANY, N.J., Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ferring Pharmaceuticals was one of 54 honorees receiving WorldatWork's Alliance for Work-Life Progress (AWLP) 2013 Work-Life Seal of Distinction. The award recognizes both public and private sector organizations from a variety of industries that have shown leadership in workplace strategies and practices to achieve success in work-life effectiveness.
"Ferring values the commitment that our colleagues make to the company," said Aaron Graff, President and COO of Ferring Pharmaceuticals Inc. "We also know how important it is to establish a Ferring culture which allows us to balance work life with home life, and we are proud to be designated as a national leader in this regard."
Applicants for the AWLP seal were evaluated based on their work-life portfolio, including areas spanning dependent care, health and wellness, workplace flexibility, financial support, paid and unpaid time off, community involvement and efforts to transform organizational culture.
Some of the specific programs of note offered at Ferring include:
- Wellness initiatives, such as fitness related subsidies, on-site immunization clinics and a branded wellness program
- Opportunities for workplace flexibility (e.g., flextime, phased return-to-work after FMLA-eligible leave)
- Financial support through reimbursement of adoption and tuition expenses and college scholarships for employees' children
- Company-sponsored retirement programs, including a traditional 401(k) match program and a supplemental employer-funded retirement plan
- Community volunteer opportunities
About Ferring Pharmaceuticals
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven biopharmaceutical company devoted to identifying, developing and marketing innovative products in the fields of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and osteoarthritis. For more information, visit www.ferringUSA.com.
SOURCE Ferring Pharmaceuticals